Team 420 starting Monday 4/11

Options
Hello, I have been battling my weight for my whole life and have had a few successfull journeys. I need motovation and better self controll. I am looking for around 15 people that want to loose 50 + lbs. With a combined group total loss of 420lbs by the begining of summer (does any one exact date?). It would be nice to have every one contibute once a week how you defended the munchies or picked a better food to munch on vs. Junk. I would also like to hear about one meal a week that was tasty and within your guidelines. I belive any holiday should be guilt free but back on track the next day with a post on what you ate that was amazing since we all happen to love food. If any one else has suggestions let um rip! By the way I have used this web site in the past loosing 33lbs.

Replies

• hollywoodglitter
    Options
    I'll join up with your group ... add me as a friend and lets get the party started!!1
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I could get in on this too ... I dont weigh every week but will contribute when I weigh in :)
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This sounds *exactly* like what I am looking for in a support group. I battle the munchies all day long and I'm tired of the same few recipes. I need help with motiviation and accountability! I only have 20lbs to lose, but if you would consider letting me in your group I'd be an active participant and do all I could to help motivate and support. Friend me if you like, thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    Oh I'm in!!
  • jsoaper01
    jsoaper01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I want to be a part. I have a lot to loose and need some good support.
  • mustang731
    Options
    Hello all looks like we got a great start so far with some cool members.....maybe we can get this started b4 monday . To all that have already started your awsum keep up the great wrk!! I need to get some grocerys and will start soon...team420 ready to burn um!! By tha way spelling don't count here haha
  • Anna101010
    Anna101010 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love competition and the team spirit, so count me in! I have restarted MFP today so your team request is very timely. Looking forward to lots of great teamwork and support.
    Anna :)
  • jacquejl
    Options
    Awesome, I'll be shopping too and getting ready for a new week! I did find a new recipe I'm going to try this week. It's lemon chicken and I'll post the recipe Monday if it's any good. I'd love to see any new recipe ideas you all have, I'm desperate for something new. Does anyone have any snack ideas that aren't vegetables but still good for you? I don't like eating my veggies raw, but will try to incorporate them more in my meals. Thanks for the great thread!!

Jackie
  • mustang731
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is 50% reduced pepperjack mad by cabot with turey pepperoni and some kind of high fiber cracker.....remember stuff dosent always have to be reduced fat or calories, I'm not sayin twinkies but you can find decent stuff that's 'real' just read your lables:-).....a few examples is I hate reduced anything cottage cheese but I can deal with real cottage cheese and pineapple in its own juice and still be with in my calorie budget fr the meal....the same with yogart. I would say try to avoid anything artificial
  • mustang731
    Options
    I think this week we should work on water intake. Let's take half our current weight and turn that into the oz we should drink daily....hmmm that's a lot of oz's;-) so if I weigh 330 I need to drink 165oz water a day. This will be a great start to our group bc water intake is sometimes over looked but important to our well being. please post water intakes over the next week this will help us loose faster and pee more ha. Any cool ideas always welcome...if I haven't added you dd me.

Tony
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I think this week we should work on water intake. Let's take half our current weight and turn that into the oz we should drink daily....hmmm that's a lot of oz's;-) so if I weigh 330 I need to drink 165oz water a day. This will be a great start to our group bc water intake is sometimes over looked but important to our well being. please post water intakes over the next week this will help us loose faster and pee more ha. Any cool ideas always welcome...if I haven't added you dd me.

Tony

Wait wait wait... that is not healthy. No more than 120oz of water especially if you water intake has been low ... 80oz of water does suffice!
  • jacquejl
    Options
    Water is a great place to start! I didn't drink all my water yesterday :grumble: And I barely drink any on the weekends. The lemon chicken recipe bombed last night. The lemon sauce was terrible! No worries though, I got a great looking stir fry recipe off mfp yesterday. Can't wait to try it!

Jackie
  • jacquejl
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is 50% reduced pepperjack mad by cabot with turey pepperoni and some kind of high fiber cracker.....remember stuff dosent always have to be reduced fat or calories, I'm not sayin twinkies but you can find decent stuff that's 'real' just read your lables:-).....a few examples is I hate reduced anything cottage cheese but I can deal with real cottage cheese and pineapple in its own juice and still be with in my calorie budget fr the meal....the same with yogart. I would say try to avoid anything artificial

I LOVE pepperjack cheese :love: I've only found cheddar in the cabot brand though. It's at WalMart and that's the only place in my little town that has it. I'll keep checking tho, we are getting a new WalMart and they might carry it. That reminds me of mozz string cheese sticks and little garden tomatoes. I love that in the summertime! I only like tomatos out of the garden or from the farmer's market. They taste so much better than store bought.

Thanks!!
    Jackie
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'll Join! :happy:
  • rondazon
    rondazon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just restarted MFP today. I've got a loooooong way to go. I could sure use the support.
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    Well, it's 2:30 and I've got 32 ounces of water in so far :)
  • jacquejl
    Options
    Just past 2:30 my time and I've got 40 ounces down. 4 more cups to go :drinker:
  • mustang731
    Options
    I got a good head start with water consumption today with around 100oz....let the pee flow lol. That cabot chese I get from wallmart in our area. Another yummy snack is baked scoopz and salsa yum! Keep up the good work and we will get this party rollin Monday with starting weights.....thanx all!
  • mustang731
    Options
    That sux the lemon pepper dident go well. I have done it with fish on he grill....take a decent size piece of foil and lay your fish on it put a lil olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, salt, fresh garlic, and lil bit of onion and wrap the foil up like a pocket but don't over cook the fish! I'm a fan of stir fry too
  • jacquejl
    Options
    I love fish, I'm going to try that recipe! I do like seasoning my tuna steaks with lemon pepper also. YUM! I got all my water in yesterday, plus some...woo hoo!! So I've had MAD cravings for chocolate ice cream w/chocolate dip topping for a couple of days now. So far I've been able to resist. It hasn't been easy :frown: I can usually drown a chocolate craving in a can of coke, but I'm trying not to replace sugar with, well....sugar. So I tried iced tea. That helped, but yesterday I just had to go to bed early. I could probably squeeze in a breyer's bar for 130 cals, but I'm afraid I can't stop at just one. That's my downfall....not being able to stop! What do you do to help with cravings?

Thanks!! Can't wait till Monday :bigsmile: