Really Sore-Should I Rest?

Options
Yesterday I started the 30 Day Shred, and today I am really sore. I can barely walk up and down stairs. Regular walking is fine, and I did my second day of exercises this morning. Should I take tomorrow off since I am so sore?

Replies

• 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you need to take the day off from your DVD workout then do
    BUT you should atleast do some walking!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    It's up to you - when I started the 30DS I felt the same, sitting on the loo was near impossible, but I knew it was 'good' sore rather than bad pain, so I carried on through and by day 5, the soreness had gone. How did you feel when you did your exercising this morning? I think it's right that you do something if you don't shred - walking would be a good suggestion for me!
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have not done the 30day shred, I have a broken leg at the moment, but I do know that you should give your muscles a day off after being worked very hard. The muscle fibers need to repair and that is how you get stronger.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It's up to you - when I started the 30DS I felt the same, sitting on the loo was near impossible, but I knew it was 'good' sore rather than bad pain, so I carried on through and by day 5, the soreness had gone. How did you feel when you did your exercising this morning? I think it's right that you do something if you don't shred - walking would be a good suggestion for me!

I can barely sit on the loo too!1
    I will see how sore I am when I wake up tomorrow, since I exercise in the morning. It was hard to do this morning because I was so sore. No excuses for Thursday though!!
  • catherinedaniels
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me on day three. I was so scared how I would feel when I woke up the next morning. I powered through and took it easier on the lunges and stuff, and the next day I had no soreness at all.

Just make sure you strech really well and do not push harder than you are able. If it gets too bad, just stop for the day.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you need to take the day off from your DVD workout then do
    BUT you should atleast do some walking!

....and stretching.
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Have a protein shake right after you work out.........it helps prevent soreness!
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    I felt the same way too, when I started with 30DS about 10 days back. It gets better Day 4 onwards. I just did it even though I was sore (with less intensity & more breaks thrown in ;)
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would say listen to your body. Usually typical muscle soreness subsides rather quickly after a brief walk or yoga. However, if the muscles are very sore to touch, have swelling etc, you might have muscle strain. This can lead to further injury and delay your progress. Only you know what is right for you.
  • klfazio
    klfazio Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes you should..or at least do a less intense workout for one day. Also, do a lot of gentle stretches. That will help your muscle pain.