very frustrated SAHM

Options
so the past couple days have been very rough
i understand the kids miss their dad and might be acting out
but its no excuss...yesterday i broke my sons DS gamesystem because he had been playing all day andd ignnoring all the rules and being mean to his youngersiblings so i broke it right in half :-( i know im a horrible parent! but i had lost it! so then this morning he calls his dad and my husband says okay son ill bring one home for you!
*rolls eyes*
so this morning my oldest gage got ready for school no problems
which is unusual because gage and harlow are the ones that fight me tooth and nail every morning....
and harlow also no fussying no probles nada...perfect angel
my 4year old was mad at me for braking gages DS so he was crying and kicking things and wouldnt get ready for school...so i called his dad but he didnt answer he was on a call...and said he would call us and talk to the boys when he got back to the firestation butof course his call took too long and the boys were already at school...
im never letting my husband work that much again
he worked his normal 48hours on...and then 48on for over time and then got sent out on a fire and has been gone for 5days
i just cant seem to handle my own kids for that many days in a row alone! i feel so horrible!

sorry my rant was soooo long
but does anyone else seem to have a problem doing it alone?
mine might be because my husbands the one who does all disiplining?
ahhh im so frustrated im gunna have to go for a run and get some peace of mind today while the boys have school
im soooo happy my husband will be home today!!!

Replies

• TheHottestMama
    Options
    so the past couple days have been very rough
    i understand the kids miss their dad and might be acting out
    but its no excuss...yesterday i broke my sons DS gamesystem because he had been playing all day andd ignnoring all the rules and being mean to his youngersiblings so i broke it right in half :-( i know im a horrible parent! but i had lost it! so then this morning he calls his dad and my husband says okay son ill bring one home for you!
    *rolls eyes*
    so this morning my oldest gage got ready for school no problems
    which is unusual because gage and harlow are the ones that fight me tooth and nail every morning....
    and harlow also no fussying no probles nada...perfect angel
    my 4year old was mad at me for braking gages DS so he was crying and kicking things and wouldnt get ready for school...so i called his dad but he didnt answer he was on a call...and said he would call us and talk to the boys when he got back to the firestation butof course his call took too long and the boys were already at school...
    im never letting my husband work that much again
    he worked his normal 48hours on...and then 48on for over time and then got sent out on a fire and has been gone for 5days
    i just cant seem to handle my own kids for that many days in a row alone! i feel so horrible!

sorry my rant was soooo long
    but does anyone else seem to have a problem doing it alone?
    mine might be because my husbands the one who does all disiplining?
    ahhh im so frustrated im gunna have to go for a run and get some peace of mind today while the boys have school
    im soooo happy my husband will be home today!!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Well you know if you get tired of them you can bring the to Nebraska and dump them with no questions asked.:wink: Just kidding, This week we actually got a kid from Atlanta, GA. Crazy.

There are some great classes out there that teach you how to deal with kids. And I know there are some great books out there also. I did in home daycare for 10 years and believe me there are some strong willed kids out there, and there are a lot that just know how to work their parents. We offered a class once called "Love and Logic" which offers great ways to deal with your children. I know they have a book about "love and Logic" It might help.
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    my oldest and youngest Gage and Harlow are my strong willed ones
    my middle rylee is norally very easy going and chill.
    you can have the boys take em!
    my babygirl harlow can stay cause shes daddys princess!
    haha
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    The middle child is always the peace maker and eager to please. I wouldn't trade our middle for anything. The other two have their days.:bigsmile:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I also have three kids, and it can be just insane at times. My husband is in law school at nights, so I'm alone with the kids most nights (thank god for work - what would I do without my 8-5 vacation from my kids :laugh: ) but there are days I just want to crawl in the closet and let them fend for themselves!

My youngest (4 YO DS) is my willful one - he's the apple of his daddy's eye as the only son, and is used to getting his way. Time outs, all that stuff do NOT work for him. He could care less. This was hard for me to figure out - since the oldest girls responded well to time outs. So with my son, I use consequences. If you don't (....), then I will take (....) away (or you can't have dessert, etc.) In your case, I would have unplugged the game system and hid it (put in the trunk of your car, if needed). It's important to not let emotions get the better of you (this is hard for me too!) because you don't want to get into a power struggle.

It's also important for your husband to back you up - so if he goes out and buys another game system that might not be the best response to your son's complaints/bahavior. Maybe your son can "earn" points toward a new game system?
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    my husband i think got one today because he wants to play it more than our boys!!! haha
    *rolls eyes*
    :bigsmile:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    thread title is misleading...

Disappoint.jpg
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I do the disciplining at my house :-) So if I'm frustrated, it's because my husband doesn't set or keep boundaries for the kids. We do a lot of time outs and taking away toys too. I haven't broken anything in anger, LOL, but I have picked up everything I see on the floor that doesn't belong there and it all in a big garbage bag, and taken it out to the back for awhile. :-)
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=222779&d=1312849428
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Disappoint.jpg

That's what I was thinking.

:kicksrocks:

ETA: What is with all the thread revivals today? There have been some really old ones.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    2008? I wonder if the kids are still alive....
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    2008? I wonder if the kids are still alive....

newyear-banner-2008.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

Disappoint.jpg

This! lol

Also, never felt happier to be CFBC than right about now.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    OHHH I see who dug up the old corpse.

Imma say it now cause they are probably long gone...FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well you know if you get tired of them you can bring the to Nebraska and dump them with no questions asked.:wink: Just kidding, This week we actually got a kid from Atlanta, GA. Crazy.

I needed to know which state again. Thanks...Loading the car now~
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    095dbbfb147c6b28c0b6fc78b3b35369.jpg

I can commiserate.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I am so confused.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

I needed to know which state again. Thanks...Loading the car now~

I'm right behind you, SoVi. Wanna carpool?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many more electronic devices have paid the price since 2008...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many more electronic devices have paid the price since 2008...

Right? Imagining what she could have done to my S4 makes me hyperventilate...