Apple Cider Vinegar & fish recipes

Options
I have seen many health benefits of apple cider vinegar on the Internet. Does anyone have any personal experience with apple cider vinegar? What health benefits did you notice with taking it?

Also, I am trying to incorporate more fish into my diet. My husband and 2 children do not like fish and complain every time that I make it for dinner. Does anyone have any good recipes? I am diabetic and have high cholesterol, so I need low carb and low fat ideas.

Thanks!

Shawn

Replies

• donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    I was looking to make Fish Pie sometime soon. There's no traditional "crust", it's just a casserole topped with mashed potatoes (which you can remove from your serving if you like).

So, a couple different types of frozen or fresh white fish cut into chunks, skim milk, seasonings, vegetables (carrots, onions, celery, peas, corn...) in a saucepan until everything is tender/cooked. Put it in a 9x13. Top with the potatoes and a bit of cheese and bake at 350 until golden on top.

Alternatively, you can bread and fry some servings for your family while broiling yours with seasoning.
  • shawndee816
    shawndee816 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Your recipe sounds good. I will definitely give it a try!
  • shawndee816
    shawndee816 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am still wondering about this:

I have seen many health benefits of apple cider vinegar on the Internet. Does anyone have any personal experience with apple cider vinegar? What health benefits did you notice with taking it?
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    It's supposed to be great to wash your face with once in a while. As far as eating it, I'm not sure.