ATTN. SYDNEY BASED MFP USERS!

Options
There are a number of Australians on here and im finding lots of Sydney based people! How about getting to know each other better by putting together a Sydney MFP User group online and supporting each other? That way we have the opportunity of understanding each others goals and perhaps entering some events together as a group?

Just putting it out there - I know that the support online is amazing but what if we managed to get MORE out of it than just sitting in front of the computer!

If you're interested then please send a friend request to me :)

Replies

• kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    I live in Newcastle - does that count? If it does, I'm in!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Newcastle is within reasonable travelling distance - let's do it!
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canberra. I tend to go to Sydney about once / month since my family & friends are there. Feel free to add me.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Don't forget me.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I feel excluded ; ) I'm the Gold Coast, I just love to have aussie connections.
  • bunnysone
    Options
    Don't forget me.

I could never forget you Jen xx
  • bunnysone
    Options
    I feel excluded ; ) I'm the Gold Coast, I just love to have aussie connections.

Not at all! the Gold Coast is just a short flight away - I have long term ambitions on competing in the gold coast marathon so this could happen anyway! And Im sure there are other Gold Coast members you can hunt out for similar reasons too!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Sydneysider here also

:)
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hiii!!! I'm in Wollongong - that's almost Sydney right?
  • bunnysone
    Options
    Hiii!!! I'm in Wollongong - that's almost Sydney right?

DEFINATELY counts! Hoping we can all friend each other for support!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Suggestion; Why dont we use this thread to communicate and support each other. Would then be more of a group connection and open to us all. Just putting the idea out there.
    Enjoy the nice cool day in Sydney everyone. Probably cooler in Canberra and warmer on gold coast. Great day to work in the garden, or go for a lunch time walk, but I am now off to the dentist and as I don't like the dentist will probably spend the afternoon whinging on the couch.
  • bunnysone
    Options
    Suggestion; Why dont we use this thread to communicate and support each other. Would then be more of a group connection and open to us all. Just putting the idea out there.

Great idea Jen - I'll try and keep up with it!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Ok, hope all you Sydney ites and co. Check back in here. How did we all go today? I was determined not to exercise today using the dentist as an excuse. But then he didnt do the major job planned and just took an impression instead. I really had no excuse except could I call it a rest day, but how many rest days do we need, and anyway whats an hour on the exercise bike sweating it out in front of TV. SO I did the exercise and feel good except for the sore bum you always get on at exercise bike. I'm now working on what excuse I can use not to exercise tomorrow. :laugh:
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone. Make it a successful one.
  • mideon_696
    Options
    Free BUMP!

Today will be a good today for me. Be eating my way to 1730 as per usual, then off to the gym for some overhead pressing! And possibly a MetCon to finish up...
  • bunnysone
    Options
    ok well my (fitness) week has been very consistent and im very happy with it! Finally getting some consistent runs in (10km in an hour both monday and wednesday) and cycling on the days in between! Not sure what to do tomorrow - probably cycling as I have finally got my boxing session in with my PT (first time ive trained with him since January!) and he will be out to destroy me as he hates me. (Just kidding - no really he hates me).

So I will probably not be able to lift my arms Sunday morning ... might make it hard to mountainbike ...
  • mideon_696
    Options
    Also having a good week. Upped my calories this week to 2650! And making target or close to it each day. Today is looking no different! Eating 2650NET or more for two full weeks...to help with some strength gains. Then i'll re-evaluate. and move up or down accordingly.

Big weekend coming up...morning Session @ Crossfit Parramatta tomorrow morning for thier WOD(workout of the day).
    The goal here is to complete the Workout quicker than thier slowest trainee's. Will be a good challenge. Lets hope its reasonably strength based haha!
    Then a nice and heavy Deadlift session on sunday...the goal for that one is to make 10 rep with 135kg, that'll make it a PB.

As a result of the forth coming weekend of pain, today has become a full rest day...stretching only tonight, maybe some self torture with the foam roller also. haha

NINJA EDIT: I really love this idea. The whole thread group thingo.
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am in Sydney too. Just thought I would pop in and say hi. Wow sounds like some of you are in good shape & doing some great work outs.

I have been staying on top of my work outs this week. I have been doing work out videos, the elliptical machine, walking, swimming, weight/circuit training, yoga & stretching to get myself back into shape again. I started a new tradition of Zumba Friday's for myself. I do my zumba video every Friday now. Already did it for today & I feel great. But I have a feeling I am going to be sore tomorrow as I really got into it. Hoping to hit up the pool for a nice swim to stretch it all out tomorrow. As for calories I am doing good this week with those as well. I had one bad day where I went over by a bit, darn wine, but other than that I am doing good.

Hope everyone has a good weekend & stays on track with their diet & fitness goals. Weekends are the hardest for me, but I am determined to stay on track.
  • bunnysone
    Options
    ok so today is the firstday i havent done ANY exercise that i can remember. not a bad thing to have a rest day but it will increase the challenge of burning the last 6,250 calories I have commited to burn in the next 6 days!

Cant see it being too much of a problem - I have a massive boxing session tomorrow and a lot of papers to deliver, so I think I will have a big weekend - hopefully more than a couple of hours on a bike on Sunday too!

Have a great weekend all - I need to after the stressful day I had today!!
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well when you look for Sydneysiders they fall out of the wood work everywhere.

Finally getting on top of my goals (basically to sew my mouth shut and lock the magikal food cupboard door). Getting back into the gym @ Fitness First George st (under Suncorp).