my 90th day on mfp

Options
So I started the last week of july and now its the last week of oct and i have stuck with it. I have messed around with my calories a few times trying to find a compromise between eating enough to not feel starved, and not eating too much. Now I have really got it figured out and have learned so much about food and nutrition, I can usually keep track in my head all day of my calories or know how much calories are in a meal by eyeballing it. I wanted to share how well I have done here in three months so others just starting will stick with it. I didnt have a lot of weight to lose to begin with, I was 123 and wanted to get to 110 (I am only 5'1) and I am a pound and a half away from that now. My first five pounds I set my goal to a pound a week and was very strict on my sodium and ate almost all veggies and fruit, they came off quickly, like in the first month. then I adjusted my goal to 1/2 pound a week, because when you are very close to a healthy weight, your body does not want to lose weight because it thinks its fine how it is. I knew if I stuck with it and waited my body would shed the last 8 lbs of fat slowly. It has. I am now at 111.6 which means I have averaged a .95lb per week weight loss. That also means in 90 days I lost about 2 ounces per day. That Is a tiny amount. But in the end it added up to a dramatic effect. I am constantly being complimented on how much better I look and how healthy and slim i look especially for having a child under two. It seemed unlikely when I joined here that I would ever reach my goal. It has seemed at times unreachable, and now that I am here, I realize the only time I was close to defeat, and failure, was when I let my mind defeat me. I was NOT perfect, and still am not. Sometimes I go over on my sodium. Sometimes I am quite below on my carbs. And yes, I did go over on my calories, plenty of times. But no matter what happened every day I started the next day striving for a perfect one and took things one day at a time. I hope all of you follow through with what you have started. You will be so happy if you take the time, be patient, and give a lot of effort to it. Heres to all our wonderful bodies and MFP :drinker:
And to looking HOT without any chemicals or pills:drinker:
Much love,
Krystal :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    So I started the last week of july and now its the last week of oct and i have stuck with it. I have messed around with my calories a few times trying to find a compromise between eating enough to not feel starved, and not eating too much. Now I have really got it figured out and have learned so much about food and nutrition, I can usually keep track in my head all day of my calories or know how much calories are in a meal by eyeballing it. I wanted to share how well I have done here in three months so others just starting will stick with it. I didnt have a lot of weight to lose to begin with, I was 123 and wanted to get to 110 (I am only 5'1) and I am a pound and a half away from that now. My first five pounds I set my goal to a pound a week and was very strict on my sodium and ate almost all veggies and fruit, they came off quickly, like in the first month. then I adjusted my goal to 1/2 pound a week, because when you are very close to a healthy weight, your body does not want to lose weight because it thinks its fine how it is. I knew if I stuck with it and waited my body would shed the last 8 lbs of fat slowly. It has. I am now at 111.6 which means I have averaged a .95lb per week weight loss. That also means in 90 days I lost about 2 ounces per day. That Is a tiny amount. But in the end it added up to a dramatic effect. I am constantly being complimented on how much better I look and how healthy and slim i look especially for having a child under two. It seemed unlikely when I joined here that I would ever reach my goal. It has seemed at times unreachable, and now that I am here, I realize the only time I was close to defeat, and failure, was when I let my mind defeat me. I was NOT perfect, and still am not. Sometimes I go over on my sodium. Sometimes I am quite below on my carbs. And yes, I did go over on my calories, plenty of times. But no matter what happened every day I started the next day striving for a perfect one and took things one day at a time. I hope all of you follow through with what you have started. You will be so happy if you take the time, be patient, and give a lot of effort to it. Heres to all our wonderful bodies and MFP :drinker:
    And to looking HOT without any chemicals or pills:drinker:
    Much love,
    Krystal :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Thanks for sharing.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    36_1_75.gif
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Great job:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Great job, well done !!
    excited001.gif gen013.gif gen014.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!