Pants for "thick waisted" women

Options
amycal
amycal Posts: 646 Member
So I did some cleaning of my basement today which is a dreadful chore because we have so much stuff. I probably had three Rubbermaid bins full of pants I have saved in case I lose weight. Well I have lost some so I tried on a lot of pairs of pants today. I decided to get rid of almost 2 bins full because they are high waisted "mom" pants and they fit in the waist but are huge in the hips/thigh area. Seriously they all look like jodhpurs!

So have any of you ladies who don't have hour glass figures found pants that fit well? I only have 5 pairs of pants that kind of fit in sizes 8 or 10 now. When I look at size charts I am still a size 14 (although I don't wear my 14's anymore) and my hips are an 8. I am trying to shrink my belly more. I have lost about 6 inches from my waist since I started with MFP but it is not enough!

I usually shop at Eddie Bauer or Talbots but they don't really fit well anymore and frankly I think Talbots is getting even more ridiculously overpriced!

Replies

• rachyrach1234
    Options
    LANE BRYANT!!!!
    i used to work there and they have pants for all body shapes...look for anything with a yellow tag
    thats for people who carry more weight in thier tummys....just like me!!!
    i looooove thier pants they have work pants and jeans in this fit!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you, but I'll be monitoring your post. I have the same problem, and the super low rise jeans aren't really an option at my age.
  • nicolette311
    Options
    If you're looking for jeans, try Hydraulic brand, they have the best fitting jeans ever! they have a little stretch and they come in larger sizes! I find them at Gordmans or Kohls all of the time. If you looking for pants, try Ann Taylor or Lane Bryant!
  • Deanne412
    Deanne412 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Calvin Klein jeans are bigger in the waist and tighter in the hips/thighs -- they are my go-to jeans.
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am curvy but thick around the middle, so I have a really hard time! I actually like Target's newer line - they have specific curvy fit jeans that fit me so much better and arent' really low rise (although regular low rise fit me like a regular jean because I'm so short-waisted!). I know you didn't ask about curves, but I wonder if they have something with a more specific fit - I hadn't seen these before November, and they have even adjusted the fit on their other slacks and such. I know, Target may not be what everyone wants, but I find them to be more durable than they used to be, and if I'm shrinking, I'm waiting to spend the money on clothes I'll be in for more than a few months! :) Good luck - this is hard!!!
  • squitzwife
    squitzwife Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just remember to love your shape! My cousin is drop dead gorgeous and slim and her waist is the biggest part of her! keep up on the weight loss but remember to embrace your shape!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    there are jeans that are called "NOT YOUR DAUGHTERS JEANS"...find them and try them on...they might fit better
  • Angeladobush
    Angeladobush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is the story of my life....I have no hips.....well no hour glass curve anyway. I am straight up and down....jeans never fit me and I hate the battle. To find dresses that fit is also an issue for me because I find that I need a 14-16 to fit my chest and broad swimmers shoulders but I am so narrow below with a small bum.....it usually ends up looking like a pup tent on me. I wish I could offer some advice but it usually winds up being in the form of alterations......Good luck!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I always thought MOST jeans were made that way and it has always driven me crazy!!! With my curvy hips and small waist i have the trouble with pants having too tight of a butt and too BIG of a waist. So I assumed most pants were straight like that. lol

I second the Lane Bryant though.... they do have different cuts for different shapes.
    What about Levis? they have lots of different fits.

I always have to get curvy and it HAS TO have spandex haha so I probably shouldn't have even commented.... but I thought it was interesting because I always have the opposite problem (finding pants that don't have such a big waist)... funny how we all struggle to find clothes, no matter our shape. ;)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Ralph Lauren (I usually find them at Dillards). I carry all my weight in my stomach, and always have had thin hips and legs.
  • JJAdamstrom
    Options
    I have thick thighs and a Big Booty so I find alot of pants dont EVER FIT! SO I have resorted to buying what fits the BIGGEST part of my Body and getting them tailored from there :S not the greatest info but at least an option ... Good Luck!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I always have good luck at Old Navy. They have a lot of different styles and cuts of jeans/pants. Lots of stretch in the jeans too. Also pretty inexpensive.