Cleaning?

Options
Is cleaning for two hours considered excercise for your excersice log? Im talking about vacumming, dusting, up and down stairs, folding laundry, scrubbing bath tub type of cleaning.

Replies

• wilyz
    wilyz Posts: 37
    Options
    no
  • msmiriam
    msmiriam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It should be listed on the track exercise section of this site.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    House cleaning is listed as an exercise!
  • MarkNH
    MarkNH Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I say: Yes !!!

Any physical activity is better than no activity and as a bonus your house is clean . . .

Keep up the great work.
  • Sweetmurry
    Sweetmurry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    anything that is physical is exercise! when i clean I get warm... i sweat... i hurt... YES THAT IS EXERCISE! its listed on the database !
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Yes it is listed in the database as either cleaning light/moderate effort or Cleaning vigorously. Most people log it when they are doing things out of the norm. And yes like scrubbing:bigsmile: floors and bathtubs is work! So I feel ya!.
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    YES! it's on the cardio list - I consider it when I do heavy cleaning - including vacuming and such..I live in Fl. and in the summer, I turn off the air and get in a good workout! lol Happy Cleaning!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Most people go by... is it a daily activity? I usually log cleaning when I go crazy and clean like a mad woman, which is pretty rare =]

But it sounds like you did a ton of work, so I think you deserve those extra calories!
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    thats in my exercise book as light cleaning.
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    While technically it does. I don't count anything that would part of my normal day. I typically, clean-clean on Saturdays but I don't count it. I have always cleaned on saturdays and it obviously didn't help me to not get fat. LOL
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Is cleaning for two hours considered excercise for your excersice log? Im talking about vacumming, dusting, up and down stairs, folding laundry, scrubbing bath tub type of cleaning.

Only if you are cleaning someone else's house like mine!!!!!! :hide: no seriously I would think not as your calorie intake would take into consideration a normal work day for a person. But what do I know.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    i list it, its available in the excercise log... I only log it if I spend a larger amount of time cleaning, like on saturday or sundays i usually vacuum as well as scrub the kitchen and such.. but if i just do dishes, or just fold my clothes, then i dont. ill only consider folding my clothes if im doing it at same time as all the other stuff.
  • casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    Did you take cleaning into consideration when you decided on your daily activity? If it's anything out of the ordinary then definitely log it, anything that gets you moving and gets your heart rate up is exercise.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I would count that. I almost never clean!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I wouldn't count it unless it is something that is very out of the ordinary for you. If it is something that you normally do then no, it's not exercise.