tattoo festival?

Options
has anyone eer been to the tattoo festival?

my honey just won tickets and were wondering what to expect. he said they do tattoos there, but how do we know how much $ we should expect to take? im not going to walk around with a ton of money in my pockets at that thing...but we both want a tat!

what should we expect?

Replies

• chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    I've never been to a tattoo festival, but I'd expect you'd have to pay at least $100 for a tat, it all depends on how big. Being that it's a festival, there might be a lot of tattoo artists competing for business, so you might get a bargain. I'd say bring at least $200 each for tat work. Post pics afterwards!
  • doitday
    doitday Posts: 59
    Options
    no sorry! good luck and be safe!!
  • thisisjulz
    Options
    It propably depends on what design and how big you want it.. they range from those standpoints. Sounds fun!
  • wilyz
    wilyz Posts: 37
    Options
    tattoos are for people that crave attention and want to stand out in the crowd. But getting a tattoo just makes them that much more ordinary. Be different...be tattoo free!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    tattoos are for people that crave attention and want to stand out in the crowd. But getting a tattoo just makes them that much more ordinary. Be different...be tattoo free!

This is just one person's humble opinion. I believe in my own humble opinion, that it is your body and temple to decorate as you see fit and beautiful. Be you and no one else!
  • Alanismans0n
    Alanismans0n Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Maybe its a Tattoo Convention? They are pretty cool events. Generally, tattoos can cost more at a convention depending on the artist. My husband is a tattoo artist. Its a lot of fun though! Lots of stuff to see! As far as how much to bring, I'd say bring a debit card and find an atm when you get a quote you like. :happy:
  • shaheerahs
    shaheerahs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never knew there was such a thing until I read this post. Sounds fun. I'd google it, there is most likely info on the web about it and maybe even some contact info so you can get prices.
  • color_me_skinny
    Options

This is just one person's humble opinion. I believe in my own humble opinion, that it is your body and temple to decorate as you see fit and beautiful. Be you and no one else!
    I'm already tatted an I dont regret it! I am ordinary and different because i am ME!
  • color_me_skinny
    Options
    Maybe its a Tattoo Convention? They are pretty cool events. Generally, tattoos can cost more at a convention depending on the artist. My husband is a tattoo artist. Its a lot of fun though! Lots of stuff to see! As far as how much to bring, I'd say bring a debit card and find an atm when you get a quote you like. :happy:
    ink life tour is what its called. 15 of the worlds best tattoo artists will be there.
  • color_me_skinny
    Options
    i have one on the top of my foot that cost about $140 if i remember right (3 years ago) but i wasnt sure if theyd be more expensive there, or cheaper cause they are trying to get peoples business
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I personally would never get a tatt at a tatt fest bc its an unsterile environment. I also like to make sure my artist has experience and is trained in blood born pathogens.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    A few years ago my hubby and I went to the Tattoos and Blues festival where we live locally and we both got tattoos....

1. they are overpriced
    2. they are pretty much all flash art (pre-drawn crap)
    3. they don't take their time
    4. quarters are cramped and not a comfy place to stay still for a few hours.

I'd be very very hesitant to get another tattoo at any kind of festival.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    A few years ago my hubby and I went to the Tattoos and Blues festival where we live locally and we both got tattoos....

1. they are overpriced
    2. they are pretty much all flash art (pre-drawn crap)
    3. they don't take their time
    4. quarters are cramped and not a comfy place to stay still for a few hours.

I'd be very very hesitant to get another tattoo at any kind of festival.

I've never been to a festival or public event with tattoo artists. But I have dozens of hours worth of tattoos. It's probably a better place to go to get a quote and find a great artist or shop than to get a tattoo. I don't know if I fully agree with the above but most of it makes sense. I just don't know that a tattoo artist would ever not take their time or do a bad tattoo on purpose, it's not only on you forever it's their reputation and career on the line too. Good luck, not sure if you already went by the time I've replied to this. Let us know what you found out!
    Well I guess I'll answer the question, I would expect a minimum of $50 and probably $100 an hour on average. I like the ATM idea. Get a quote first then go get some cash if you still want. Money shouldn't be the reason you don't get a tattoo.
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If there are REALLY good artists, then probably $500 or more... I see Amy from LA Ink is going to be there. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Owl Corey Miller did on her!! It's beautiful!! But it all depends on how big or small, where you want it, and if it's your design, or theirs, etc... Good luck and let us know whatchya got! That's exciting!! Have fun!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    People showing their ink/pierces artists set up doing work. Its ALOT of fun ours is halloween weekend I actually got some work done. You will enjoy it!!! With the strict laws the county I live in has I wasnt concerned, plus I made very certain I watched him get everything ready and serilized
  • photogurl
    photogurl Posts: 19
    Options
    I personally would never get a tatt at a tatt fest bc its an unsterile environment. I also like to make sure my artist has experience and is trained in blood born pathogens.

Festivals are set up to be safe, the state wouldn't allow them if they werent...