30 Day shred DVD

Options
I'm waiting to get the DVD 30 day shred from our library. My knees are 'sensative' and squats tend to cause pain afterward. What can I expect with this DVD?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I found it gave me knee pain and I don't have bad knees! TBH, I am not impressed with it.
  • emmy200
    emmy200 Posts: 4
    Options
    My experience is that you will get sore knees. My friend and I were just talking about it today. I found the DVD to be GREAT except for that. I think you really have to watch your form and not rush along to keep up to protect you knees. I did get stonger and have more stamina after using the dvd. Good luck.
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    There are squats combined with hand weights and arm exercise. There's jumping jacks, ab moves, push ups, etc. It can seem a little daunting at first but stick with it. There are 3 different levels and you can follow the modified version for most exercises in the video. Start with that until you become stronger and more comfortable with the exercises. It's fun, challenging and you will see progress if you stick to it. Good luck and have fun once it comes!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Pain. JM loves inducing pain. lol. I think it totally depends on what kind of shape you're in. When I started it, it really kicked my butt, but I hadn't worked out in quite a while, so I was really out of shape. I have heard from some people that level 1 didn't phase them a bit. She has you do some lunges with the weights, and I found those to be the hardest on my knees. Good luck, and it really does get results when done regularly!
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I found after the first couple of days my knees were a little sore. However once I got my form correct (push your bum back, don't push your knees forward) I was fine. I'm only up to level 2, but there are lots of Jumping Jacks, lunges and squats.

All the best, I really enjoy it - when I don't feel like I'm going to die, lol :laugh:
  • Baileymqt
    Baileymqt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. Is there a substitute besides squats I could do along with the program? I'm pretty active right now with our YMCA so am not a newbie to exercise. Although I do low impact stuff like the spinner bike and elliptical at the Y.
  • msjai923
    msjai923 Posts: 8
    Options
    I love this DVD! When I first tried it I thought it was very intense and fast paced. However, the more you do it the easier it gets, you'll notice some results and the better you'll feel. As for the sore knees it could be related to form! Let me know how you it goes!
  • mikki3
    mikki3 Posts: 63
    Options
    I have tricky knees too and haven't had a problem. My friend doesn't have bad knees and she did get knee pain after a few days. I find the stretching part of the DVD to be totally inadequate (you should hold each stretch for at least 30 seconds). I do a 30 minute yoga DVD afterwards and think it helps keep the aches and pain away.