Belly fat from babies...

Options
So I have been dieting and working out atleast 5 days a week for 2 months now. I am definetly seeing results, but my "problem" area is my belly fat. I work out my abs, and I can definetly see the abdominal muscles now, but I can not seem to get rid of the little pouch that I still have from being pregnant! I had my second baby 17 months ago, so its been hanging out quite a while. It must be shrinking a bit, but its still there....hanging over my pants when I sit down and am not sucking it in! Anyone have any suggestions that will target this area? Certain foods that target belly fat? name of a good plastic surgeon, etc.....(ok kidding about the surgeon...for now atleast)

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bump! :smile:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce. Just keep up with the cardio & it'll eventually burn the fat and you can tone more. However, the "pouch" will probably never fully disappear. You can reduce it with exercise though, so keep at it. It'll probably be the last to go.
  • evanstonmom
    Options
    Some people say pilates really help with the pouch. Haven't tried it (and I have a huge pouch from my twins), but that's what I've heard.
  • jazzy1129
    jazzy1129 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There was a workout that I seen on the 30 day shred that specifically targets that area. I dont know if it works or not, just kind of previewed the workout with a friend to see if I would like it. I am doing Zumba now, so I am going to wait a while before I try it.
  • cmor2005
    cmor2005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem also from having my daughter. Darn c-section!

I am doing Zumba and I have scheduled 6 days a week for it and I am going to see where I'm at in a month. I am hoping that it'll solve my problem.