diet undermining

Options
there are a few people here at work who tend to stop by the office and "donate" candy, baked goods and other novelties because they had "enough" or "can't keep it at home". why are we the magnet for your unhealthy foods? i feel abused! this is a real test of my willlpower though so in a weird way they are doing me a favor right? haha. just got done stuffing the bag of mini reeses pb cups into the frige. can't toss 'em because the person (treat-giver), will "check-up" with my coworkers to see how they "liked" the treats next time they pass by, lol Lord give me strength!!

Replies

• pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    You have no obligation to eat these things, and if folks see that their "treats" are not being eaten perhaps they will get the hint and stop bringing them. Of course if they find them in the trash they might stop bringing them, too. :)
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i love it! thnx!!
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    Maybe you should make up little baggies filled with carrots celery and cucumbers and pass them out ;)
  • musicjunkie1982
    Options
    Right? Today was the monthly birthday party at my office and there were a ton of variety cookies and two bite brownies. Well, the brownies are only two bites if you eat one and oatmeal raisin cookies are my crack. Needless to say it was not a good diet day.

I try to do my part for the office by keeping a candy jar full or herbal teas like chamomile, mint, and lemon, black teas like earl grey, lady grey, or english breakfast, and green teas like orange and jasmine or cranberry. And while I never see most people in my office take a bag (or two), I am constantly refilling it so I know people are liking my idea. It certainly helps during cold and flu season. People thought I was magic because I never got sick when everyone else around me did.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    this is great news, i just love it when people take the initiative to help others in such a simplified way! thnx for sharing your ideas :)
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    .....mayBE!