TMI for the boys...

AMYJ7
AMYJ7 Posts: 15 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
I am starting to LOVE to run but have an issue finding a good support bra any suggestions? Everywhere I go I see XL or XXL is there a place to get one sized??

Thanks and feel free to invite me as a friend I am a newbie :-)

Amy

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Freya underwired are the best, nothing else comes even close. I get them from www.bravissimo.com
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    I'm afraid I'm not much help here as I don't have much to hold.. I can easily get away with running on the treadmill in a regular bra (had to a time or two in a pinch). But interested to see the suggestions as some of the sports bras I have are not comfortable at all!
  • crys30
    crys30 Posts: 43
    I'd like the answer to this as well. :)
  • knantz
    knantz Posts: 68
    If you can find a champion outlet store (hanes, bali, champion, jogbra - all the same parent company), they will usually help you fit for one and the prices there will be relatively cheaper than retail.
  • Miyashi
    Miyashi Posts: 1
    I wear a regular bra under my wal-mart bought sports bra for my sports bra doesn't support as much as I want it to. It works. :D
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 294 Member
    Enell honey...Enell. If you go to a specialty running shoe store (i.e. Fleet Feet or somewhere like that) they can definitely help you with sizing.
  • julieban1
    julieban1 Posts: 39 Member
    being larger on top, I generally have to wear two sports bras to be comfortable. Little movement when running that way.
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    I love Champion from Target..it has awesome support for my big ones :-)
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    I just purchased a few VERY supportive bras from Lady Grace.
  • sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Yes, I'm top heavy also.

I used to wear 2 bra's to work out in, but bought a Champion (someone on this thread already mentioned) and now I can jog with only 1 on!

I can't say that it's the most comfortable, but I wouldn't call any bra comfy. I prefer nothing.

Duh, sorry about that last TMI
  • danksj
    danksj Posts: 12 Member
    I get the Moving Comfort (Fiona Style) from Amazon.com. They are great support and keep everything under control during any type of activity (running, EA sports, elliptical, walking, everything!). They are a little expensive compared to Target or Walmart (about $35 after shipping) but they are worth EVERY penny. Moving Comfort does have other styles but the Fiona is what I have and would recommend.
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    if this was the flirt thread .....I would offer my support
  • ekicinsk
    ekicinsk Posts: 92 Member
    Victoria's secret actually has great sports bras in all different levels of support. They're a little pricey so I usually wait for the coupons. If you get a good store, the gals in the store will be able to help you find one that'll work for you and you can try it on - bonus!

I also like the Champion stuff at target. I usually wear a sports bra and a bra-top tank that's made of that sweat wicking material because I hate the feeling of a sweaty tshirt on my skin. Holds the gals in (and also the tummy, hehe) just great!
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    I found the underwire Champions to work. I get them at Sports Authority and they do come in real bra sizes. I usually get something a little smaller than my normal bra size to squish them in even more. I can't wear those stretchy things you see at Target, they don't support anything! I tried on the Enell at Fleet Feet and they are just too darn ugly! I like to wear tank tops in the summer and there's so much fabric on the Enell that it shows everywhere.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    I have done my fair share of trying to find a bra that will hold up my 36D breast while running and not have a uniboob...so here are my favorites.

Champion Sports Bra No Poke underwire/convertible model #1695
    Champion Powerback Wirefree model#1693

These two are super comfy and it really supports the twins. :tongue:
  • AMYJ7
    AMYJ7 Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you everyone for your input. I am starting to love to run but have to keep the girls in control lol!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Look at title nine sports online. Lots of great supportive options there...
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    if this was the flirt thread .....I would offer my support

:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.