Looking for peeps who have gotten the lap band

Options
Hello all ;} I had the lap band surgery done in November 2010.. So far I have lost 51 pounds since the surgery.. Lost about 70 since July. I am looking for friends who have also had the band or anyone else who would like to send an invite ;} Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hi i have not got the lap band done but was going to!! and have lost over 100lb since waiting to!!! :) so i have desided not to get it done afterall!!
    i used to go a a really good web site but i REALLY cant remember the name of it arhhhhhhhhhhhthey were great on it,type in lap band it will come up on serch near the top..good luck with finding it and good luck with the band!
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    bump
  • desiree980
    Options
    I just had my lap band surgery Feb 09, 2011! I am so excited and happy to have this MFP to help control calories!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    hello, I haven't had lap band surgery but my son did in oct of 2010 in four month he has lost 64 lbs. Went from a 44 jeans and now 36 I am so proud of him and hadi it had it done. He is 57 He was almost 300 lbs. Don't know how more he wants to lose. Good luck to you.
  • desiree980
    Options
    The Lap band truly is a weight loss tool to help you control over eating...definitely NOT a quick fix. With that being said, I am very much looking fwd to my newly banded self :-)
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! lol
  • desiree980
    Options
    heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :-)
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!!!!!!! I thought I already replied to this post.

I was banded on June 23, 2008 and so happy I did. Fellow lap-bandsters and other WLS folks are welcome to be my friend on MFP!

My mom had "stomach staple" surgery about 27 years ago and is still keeping it off. And another friend just had gastric sleeve surgery before thanksgiving and already lost 50 pounds!
  • duomogal
    duomogal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was banded on 1.26.11 and just started using MFP. Previously using another online food log site but this seems so much better. Very happy to see other lapband people on here. I'm healing well, have had no problems thus far and am looking forward to my first fill in mid-March. I look forward to keeping up with your progress!!!
  • jodels76
    jodels76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was banded on 10/08/09 and have less than 25 pounds to go! I've lost over 80. It's slow-going and I wouldn't want it any other way!
  • bonkybottoms
    Options
    Hello!
    My husband had lap band April 2009. It has really changed the way the whole family eats, which has been good for all of us. He learned to cheat the band, and had some setbacks (darned ice cream!) but he is now back on track and losing again.

As the family grocery shopper, cook, waitress, ect I would love to get new food ideas from others who are following the food guidelines for the band.
  • cherylp1775
    Options
    I was banded in March 2011, just had my yearly check up and i am down 50+ lbs since surgery, total of 70 lbs since starting the whole process. Just joined this site to help with my calories and exercise to keep me on track, i have kind of plateaued!!!! But I am very happy with the decision I made to have the surgery done. I feel like a totally new person, and want to continue on my path to healthness!
  • dawnmarieee
    dawnmarieee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I was banded in March of 2010. Even though my weight loss has slowed down (mainly because I put of getting a needed fill), I don't regret getting the band one bit. Best thing I've ever done for myself. I just got a fill, and I starting logging my food through this site to get back on track. Hope to lose the last 36 pounds.

Dawn
  • kinzie76244
    kinzie76244 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, me too. Sept 28, 2009