A better class of losers

Options
I have been in this weight loss game for nearly 2 1/2 years with no significant results. I have attended the gym regularly at best, sporadically at worst...more best than worst over the last 2 1/2 years. Now I am determined! The differences now:

1) I am using MFP to track my calories. Eating has always been a problem for me. My philosophy has always been "I work out regularly, so I should be able to eat whatever I want to eat." This time I am really making my calories work for me.

2) I am going to the gym not just regularly but EMPHATICALLY!!! And when I'm there, I'm really making my workouts count. I have purchased a heart rate monitor to know when I am overdoing it and when I need to kick it up a notch. I have braved the treadmill and am doing interval running with brief rest periods just enough to bring my heart rate back to this side of Strokesville. I have really seen a difference from the treadmill running and the HRM is improving even that.

3) I am looking for a better class of "losers"...that's where all of you come in. I find this website very informative, interesting, and most of the time it is inspirational, supportive, and motivational. I stay glued to it all day. I look forward to losing weight in a healthy, realistic way. I have only been a part of this since last week, but I have learned so much in the short period of time I have been on here. That's what I need from the members here. If you are interested in being a part of that, I would love to have you as a friend. I need to surround myself with people that have made a serious commitment to being a "loser". I have plenty of people around me that are contributing to the demise of my healthy persona. You may have some of your own...the eye rollers, the ones that say a gym membership is a waste of money because you'll never go or you could get the exact same workout at home for free, the ones that complain that organic foods are a rip-off and not necessarily organic just because the label says they are, the ones that question you every time you are feeling good and dress nicely for a change,...I could go on and on. From this forum, I am looking for the anti-those people. I am looking for individuals with similar goals as mine. Those that aren't here to stand in judgement, but support and be supported. Those that aren't afraid to tell me when I'm slacking or offer advice if they think it can be helpful. Those who are readily available to congratulate each other on a job well done or a milestone surpassed. If you are that type of "loser", please add me as a friend. I would love to experience this with you.

Replies

• Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this! I actually love going to the gym. I like the atmosphere...it's not so cold. I actually go to the Y and my daughter has a membership and can join me or swim. I have been on this site since January and am still addicted and it has worked wonders for me. My weight loss has been slow steady and healthy!
  • sondra_kaye
    Options
    i am actually on a slim for life program which is medifast and i have homework and a coach at this time. i don't know how long i will be on it but it is doctor ran. i am also in tops and need to loose according to the dr 112 lbs that was almost me in hs which was 30 kyears ago. i don't exercise like a should but have decided to do it again.
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    Oh, BIG loser here! :) Feel free to check out my page, blog, diet, whatever. I'm a positive chic totaly committed to my body, so if you like it, Friend me! :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! My goal is to get into the best shape I've ever been in my life (even when I was younger and thin, I didn't work out regularly, so I was thin but out of shape). Like you, I've played around with getting in shape for about 2 years, but now I'm serious about it. I'm committed to hitting the gym regularly, I run with a local running group, and now thanks to MFP I finally have a realistic assessment of what I'm eating (and why I wasn't losing).
  • stephenrobnett
    Options
    Okay let's make this work, I will be your friend. I am 51 yrs old and happily married. I am loosing weight for my grand children, I want to see them grow up, and ask my boys for the car keys (sweet). I have lost 20 lbs, but I am loosing to fast and trying to slow down. I don't go to a gym, just cause I choose not to, I have everything at home and a dog that wont let me rest, I take her on at least a two mile walk every day.
  • joanipowell
    joanipowell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am in. I need this too! I do have supportive friends but there are a handful that I don't always get that from. I agree I love this site. It really helps me. Even on my Bad Days. Today has been one. So your post really spoke to me. I would love to have ya as a Fitness Pal!:flowerforyou:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll send you a friend request!