Want a HRM! Suggestions needed!

Options
I'm looking to invest in a good hrm to help me accurately track my calories burned for my p90x workouts.. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I don't even know where to begin!

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• yanksgurl613
    Options
    looking for one as well. hope I can get some options here :) I would love to know how many calories I am burning when I'm working out.
  • Toibear
    Toibear Posts: 31
    Options
    I have a Sportline Duo for women and I LOVE it.
  • ToddFo
    ToddFo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin FR60. It has bike, run, and general settings. You could use it in general mode for something like P90X. I find that general is pretty accurate when compared to my rowing machine's readout.

It comes with the watch, chest strap, foot pod, and usb stick for uploading to the Garmin website. The website is pretty cool to view workout history too.
  • heb14
    heb14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I got my FT60 by Polar about a month ago and I LOVE it. Granted it's a bit on the spendy side, but depending on what features you want, it's totally worth the extra money! It's got GPS functions for my runs, plus it gives you training programs to keep you on track through the week. Shows your HR, calories burned, what burn category you're in, etc. Any questions, feel free to msg me!
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Depends if you're prepared to pay a lot. I went into a running shop and asked and they had great advice there but they were all in the region of £70 plus.

So I went on ebay yesterday and bought an HRM watch for £7.99 It could turn out to be crap but I think it's a fair risk. I'll let you know what it's like if you want.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    timex personal trainer 5g971 was rated "Best buy" by Consumer reports. I just ordered one. Excited to get it.
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4! Super easy to use!
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have the New Balance N4. I got it from Target. Super happy with it so far.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    I like my sportline with chest strap from a local sports good store! Apparently can't say the name as it gets bleeped out. LOL! Tried cheapy, was really unhappy. Good luck!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7. Great investment, I love it. Got it on clearance at academy sports for 70$. I wanted to get the FT4 at first as I did ALOT of research. But i'm glad I got the FT7. The chest strap is comfy, it tracks heart rate, has a target hr, tracks time & calories. You can pause it & it keeps track of your workouts
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a sportline that I got from walmart, with a chest strap. It does pretty good. I have noticed that sometimes when I am really sweating, like after running in the humid Mississippi air, that it loses contact. I don't know why, but that can be frustrating when you are depending on it. For the most part it has been good, I use it for aerobics and on the elliptical where it is more difficult to determine calories burned. I used it at the gym one time on the stair stepper and it synced somehow with the machine, which then gave the read out that my heart rate monitor was tracking. Interesting. Plus it was only 35-45 dollars I think. I think some of the nicer ones are 100 dollars or more. They have some cheaper ones that dont have a chest strap or that you have to touch every so often and that's how it picks up your heart rate. The ability to pause would be nice as well.