Coffee-is it bad 4 u?

Options
dolphin21
dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
Hi everyone, like 2 kno if coffee is bad 4 u? I drink 2 cups a day with no Sugar only flavor
Creamer! Its 30 calories a tbs, so is it bad n fat or health? ?

Replies

• pinkchick2006
    pinkchick2006 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No Coffee is actually showing some health benefits and as long as your not overdoing it on the creamer you are fine!!!
  • TheNewDanielle
    Options
    I quit coffee because I use sugar and creamer, which is terrible. I also love that I'm not kept up at night after drinking coffee during the day... seems like quitting it helped me get started. Switched to hot tea, which seems much more soothing. It's definitely a personal preference though because I know many people who cannot seem to function without coffee.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    go easy on the creamer and you're good...coffee is my crack...it's deadly if i DON"T have it :)
  • TheDigressor
    Options
    Not necessarily. Some studies show that one cup of coffee actually improves metabolism, but some studies show that drinking several cups of coffee may actually slow your metabolism. Not sure who to believe on this issue since national studies are often biased, but coffee definitely is beneficial unless you are extremely sensitive to caffeine, or have high blood pressure. It has polyphenols and such that are supposed to be good for your heart, or something like that.

Just don't overdo it and you will be fine. I would stick to 1-2 cups in the morning to be safe, but as long as you don't notice any side effects, you should be fine, and should actually benefit from it as far as I can tell.
  • aaronjarvis
    aaronjarvis Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't give up everything you love. Is coffee bad for you! No. But if you overdo anything in excess it can be. Treat yourself to a coffee. Just monitor the calories.

I need atleast one vice to survive. Good luck with your goals!
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    I refused to give up coffee, but I cut waaay back (though some days I can still slam back quite a few cups :tongue: ) and replaced it with drinks that I could count towards my water intake (ie. decaf, herbal teas, etc). I also cut down from having 2 cream/2 sugar in my coffee to only cream. So, any ill effects of my coffee consumption are fairly neutralized by the good changes I've applied to the habit, lol.
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee, but only because I use so much creamer in mine. Even the sugar-free and fat-free kinds were adding up. I can't handle it black (bleugh!!) Just remember to track your creamer and any sugar (I prefered Splenda), it shouldn't hurt!
  • dolphin21
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help, i will watch my intake on creamer n coffee! I love it so much......lol thanks again:smile:
  • enteralterego
    Options
    Love my coffee especially when im up at 5am. Just trying to have it without sugar these days
  • dolphin21
    Options
    lol.....Ya its mine 2:laugh:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Coffee may not be "Good" for Me, but it is BBBAAADDDD for everyone around me if I don't get my Coffee!!
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    well i would think to much wouldn't be healthy but i don't think a few cups will hurt most people. i say most because i myself don't drink coffee (or very, rarely) because if i drink more than a cup or two a get bad stomach aches. so i may have 2 or 3 cups a year.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i drink a fair bit of coffee every day but when i started MFP i changed to skimmed milk and a splenda instead of semi skimmed and sugar