Goals question...

Options
kristen5286
kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
So, I set my goals for a loss of 4lbs per month.. Well, my "new month" is every 27th and I've already met that goal for April (I've been sick the past few days with no appetite)

When you surpass your goal early in the month do you adjust your future goals to give yourself more of a challenge? I'm not going to slack or anything just because I'm already at my goal.. I was just curious if anyone else adjusted theirs or kept them the same.

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I keep my goals insanely high. The frustration of failure is my best motivation.
  • aaronjarvis
    aaronjarvis Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you have multiple goals for the month its a good thing. Have a minimum goal, a middle goal & a top goal. So if you bypass your minimum goal you can still move forward to other goals.

Just an idea.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    If you feel the goal was too easy to meet I would adjust it...in general I like my goals to be challenging to meet but realistic
  • kristen5286
    Options
    If you have multiple goals for the month its a good thing. Have a minimum goal, a middle goal & a top goal. So if you bypass your minimum goal you can still move forward to other goals.

Just an idea.

thats a cool idea.
  • kristen5286
    Options
    If you feel the goal was too easy to meet I would adjust it...in general I like my goals to be challenging to meet but realistic

I thought I was being realistic with the 1 lb a week loss but maybe I'll bump it up to 6lbs a month instead of just 4. That sounds doable right? I LOVE surpassing my goal.. this weak was a "Cheat" week.. with the whole not eating for 3 days.. but that couldn't be helped.. with a 101-102 fever for 2 days and today still feeling like poo