teas

Options
So I am really enjoying having a cup of tea at night while I watch tv... and I have been tryng different kinds. So far I really like Lemon Zinger and Good Earth Vanilla Chai... (I have only drank regular black and green tea in the past so im enjoying trying all these new flavors!!) I like the peppermint teas on occasion....but not as much. Oh! the raspberry zinger was pretty good too.
Anyone have an reccomendations?? Whats your favorite and what do you add to it if anything??
I add a little bit of local organic honey--- Ive done some research and found a bunch of outcomes that say using honey that is local to you will help ease your allergies in the spring, as your body will be already accustomed to the local pollen, etc.... it worked last spring! I had barely ANY allergies and I used to SUFFER all spring. Sorry...didnt mean to turn this into an advice post or anything!!

Replies

• aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I found a ginger peach green tea at Hyvee that I LOVE! Have you tried white tea? I like the vanilla black tea with a little bit of milk, but I've read the milk bonds to some of the good stuff in tea and then you can't absorb it....
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi there, a long time ago I tried Camomile and Honey (no need to add anything) and while I loved the taste I had issues with the smell. Suppose to be great for colds if I remember correctly. Now however I have a normal twinings with a dash of milk after dinner.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I like Yogi Ginger tea. There's no caffeine. It has a little bit of a bite. If you like that sort of thing leave the tea bag in the cup. The last sip is potent.
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Its usually only available around Christmas in stores, but I love love love it so much I ordered it in bulk from Amazon: Celestrial Seasonings Nutcracker Sweet! its just perfect!
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My fave is Rooibos! I'm addicted.
  • runner1000
    Options
    I Love Lemon is a great lemongrass tea. Chamomile is very relaxing. Add lemon and honey to ginger tea for energy. Also good for sore throat or cold.
  • sarahtiano
    sarahtiano Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yogi Bedtime Tea is AMAZINGGGGG. One tea bag lasts a long time too so you can keep filling with water. It's so delicious- I probably drink 10-12 cups a day (with on bag).
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I love different teas. I prefer the fruity ones cold though. The peppermint is probably my least favorite which is odd because I'm a mint junkie! Lemon tea with honey is great for sore throats and I love me some sleepy time or camomile to sooth the day away. My friend made me Moroccan tea from real leaves, steeped with tons of fresh mint and OMG it's like nothing I ever had but for me it's better as an early day tea since it's such a pick me up.

Regular black tea I can take with or without milk and sweetener. Herbals I generally take unsweetened but the fruit teas cold need just a touch of something. I don't use sugar so most likely honey or truvia.

I'm tempted to make a cinnamon tea one of these days to help increase the many benefits of cinnamon on metabolism and sugar control. Not quite sure how I'd go about it but I have plenty of filters, staples and time so... Game on!
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love tea especially lemon zinger, I will have to try the raspberry. I just bought Liptons Green Tea, superfruit acai and blueberry and another good one is from Starbucks a little expensive if you buy it there but is called Passion by Tazo its fruity I love it iced, it has a blend of hibiscus, papaya, mango and passion fruit. I just add 1 pack of Stevia in the raw. yummy, hope this helps.