Walking on campus??

Options
I probably walk a total of 15-20 minutes around my college everyday. It's not a fast walk..maybe 3.0 on the treadmill, but should I count that in my cardio activity during the day? Part of me says yes, but I'm not sure?

Replies

• T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I log mine!
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think it's up to you. I don't count mine, though I do use a pedometer to keep track of how much I walk around campus everyday. I just think of it as an extra boost on the calorie burn!
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    I log mine! I walk around my work place for abt 30 mins during my lunch time & in between meetings. I use 2.5 mph to stay conservative on the calories burned.
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I think it's up to you. I don't count mine, though I do use a pedometer to keep track of how much I walk around campus everyday. I just think of it as an extra boost on the calorie burn!

ahh I used to use a pedometer, I thought it was so cool to see how much you really do walk! only problem is that I was embarrassed because if my shirt rode up a little, people could see it, and sometimes when I went to sit down in class, it would unclip itself :(
  • CurlyKy
    CurlyKy Posts: 16
    Options
    I don't log mine since it's something I do everyday. I think it should be included in my "lightly active" selection when I used the goal calculator.
  • mjklaus
    mjklaus Posts: 1
    Options
    I walk to and from public transportation on the way to work and don't add them. I figure they are bonus calorires in case I underestimate something I eat. That's just my two cents, though! I can see the argument for counting and not counting :)
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    do you think it could count as exercse for the day if you don't gettime to actually go to the gym?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I don't log mine since it's something I do everyday. I think it should be included in my "lightly active" selection when I used the goal calculator.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't count things like this (I'm a grad student). But I do have "lightly active" as my activity level.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't count walking my dog as it's something I've always done and do several times a day. Nor do I break a sweat doing it, I just sort of amble along, stopping a lot for him to sniff and pee and do what dogs do. I do however count walking to the shops as it's a 30 minute brisk walk each way and coming back it's all up hill. My activity level is set to sedentary so I figure I'm safe to add it. Especially as it's not an every day thing and for the past 2 years I've been driven everywhere.