I need to GAIN weight and could really use some advice

Options
My body has always been on the thin side, but now I have a problem. In order to have a scar fixed, the doc said I need to gain 10 lbs so there is some available tissue. I'm pretty insecure about the scar and its getting in the way of my life in certain aspects. Anyone want to gain weight together?

Replies

• T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I by no means need to gain weight, but good luck! I'm sure there are a lot of people here (including me!) that could definitely give you tips on how to gain weight! Lol.
  • squitzwife
    squitzwife Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i sure wish I had your problem! lol. But it is tough to gain weight in a healthy way. Good luck!
  • XBabigrl72
    Options
    Well I'm not trying to gain weight. But I do know some tips for gaining the right way. Take in a good amount of protein and carbs. Workouts are still good if you want to so you don't gain a lot of fat.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    McDonalds, Spaghetti, and Little Debbies!
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Eat more calories than your body needs for maintenance. You will gain weight.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't have your problem, but basically you just do the opposite of what people are doing to lose weight with your calories each day. If you want to gain a pound a week, you need to take in about 500 calories more per day than you burn. The important thing is to get those calories in healthy ways - nuts and seeds are a great way to add in calories quickly, while getting protein and healthy fats. Avacados are high in calories and healthy fats, too. Whole wheat grains. Enjoy!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    try some healthy fats (avocados, nuts) and maybe some extra protein? If you belong to a gym, check in with one of the trainers (in particular someone who trains bodybuilders--they may have some ideas on "bulking up" a little bit in a relatively healthy way. Not that I'm against McDonalds, but I feel faint when I think of the sodium lol...
  • Candyrot89
    Options
    eat all day long...I heard renee zellwiger had to wake up in the night to eat to gain wait for Bridgette JOnes Diary. YOu have to eat around the clock. Carbs Carbs Carbs. Bread...pasta...etc
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    I lost more weight than I had originally intended to and am now trying to maintain or even gain a few pounds of muscle. I know there are some others around here trying to gain or maintain weight. It is important to gain weight the right way though so that it is not all fat. If you follow the settings on MFP for gaining weight, you should be fine. And if your health allows for you to exercise, lifting weights is a great way to make sure the weight you are putting on is toned muscle so that your body still looks good. Good luck with everything!