I need a fishing wrap/sandwich

Options
I need a sandwich or wrap that is low calorie and easy to eat on a boat while fishing all day. I love hummus and laughing cow cheese. I would like it to be all veggies because lunch meat is salty. Anyone have any good ideas?

Replies

• GinjaNinja1
    GinjaNinja1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try having BBQ chicken breasts one night and add an extra one on the Q. Cut this cooked one up and make a wrap with it using whatever greens you have around the house. You could flavour it with a low fat salad dressing.
    Yum.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    When i hike, I usually take chicken salad or tuna salad.

Can of chicken,a little grape seed oil, walnuts, grapes, and miracle whip or a little mayo...
  • jpw430
    jpw430 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe link to one that I like. Hummus, veggies. Cut sodium by reducing/cutting out salt. Yellow summer squash can sub for zucchini. You can change it around - using multi-colored peppers or just the red bell pepper used in the recipe. No pine nuts? Use sliced or slivered almonds.

Hummus and Grilled Vegetable Wrap

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/healthy-appetite-with-ellie-krieger-/hummus-and-grilled-vegetable-wrap-recipe/index.html
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would steer clear of anything with mayo if you are going fishing in warm weather unless you bring a cooler?.....hummus is great choice, veggies and laughing cow, maybe with a slice of turkey bacon for more flavor. also sunflower seed butter and jelly, it's a little less fat and more fiber than peanut or almond butter and super yummy. i also love doing a greek sandwich, fat free feta, black olives, cubes of cucumber, tomato, some olive oil, spices..... you could do a caprese sandwich, mozzarella, tomatoe, basil.
  • USCEE77
    USCEE77 Posts: 50
    Options
    Don't forget to top it off with a little avocado, it's good for you!:tongue: