Pumpkin Custard

Options
Newmammaluv
Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
So I've always loved to bake and cook and with my new low-er carb eating style it's a little difficult to still bake without being insane so it just takes a little more thought. Tonight I wanted custard and in theory without the sugar it should be naturally low in carbs so I set to work and kinda threw this together.

1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup unsweetened vanilla soy milk
3 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 cup "Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix"
8 packets sucralose

--Pre heat oven to 350F
--Mix everything together in a stand mixer until well blended.
--Pour into a loaf pan
--Bake at 350F until it's set and a knife inserted comes out clean.

Servings: 6
Calories per serving: 179
Carbs per serving: 13
Fat per serving: 12
Protein per serving: 6

Pretty good for what it is although next time I will use real pumpkin puree... I didn't actually realise until after I opened the can that what I had on hand was pre-sweetened. So next time it will be without that added sugar and probably way less in carbs.

Replies

• Shelty64
    Shelty64 Posts: 18
    Options
    I make pumpkin custard all the time, but I leave out the heavy cream and use soy milk only. I only use 3 eggs, which I guess makes this taste more like pumpkin pudding, than pumpkin custard. But, instead of eating it for a dessert, I eat it for breakfast. Yum!
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Replaced with regular pumpkin instead of pre-sweetened it cuts the carbs to 6!! Oh and also drops the calories to 147 per serving.

Yeah... I'll be switching it up next time. lol
  • deesdigitaldelight
    deesdigitaldelight Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious can't wait to try it
  • vmisslin
    vmisslin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I might give it a try with agave instead of the sucralose (half my household can't do artificial sweeteners).
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    bump....sounds yummy to me!