Really proud of myself (cardio)

Options
Tonight I had a VERY limited amount of time to work out so I KNEW i had to make it count. I did HIITs on the elip.for the first time ever.... for 10 mins (every 30 sec rotation) then did a good pace for 5 min, Hopped off that went over to the tread mill and did HIIT as well, however, I wanted to see imitally how long I could run before I basically felt like death LOL! I made it 3.5 mins! I was at 3 mins and was saying to myself, come on, whats 30 more seconds. I loved it.
I know it may not be a big deal to most, but it rocks for me :) the thud thud of a 217 pound woman jogging makes me giggle a bit. thankgoodness for a very loud Ippod that shuts out that and me trying to control my breathing LOL

Replies

• JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    that is just......awesome. Wish there was a better word. You deserve a standing ovation!!!
  • angelzxy321
    angelzxy321 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how that feels! Great job!!
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    can I just say how much i LOVE this site? I can "brag" about my accomlishments and have people understand exactly what it means! I am so addicted to this place. you people aren't getting rid of me now HAHA
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    awesome! very inspirational... I hope to be there soon too
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce!! That's an amazing feeling eh?? I'm exactly your weight, and today I worked out without the headphones and oh my goodness hahaha.
  • weirdmommy
    weirdmommy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome....you should be proud!
  • skinnyjazz130
    Options
    You are funny. Job well done. Before you know it you'll be running for 5 mins then 6 and so on. But I heard its better if you mix walking with running (interval training). Keep it going...:)
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    U go girl and keep it up!!!!! Pump it......yes its hard but we can do this!!!!!!! we can all motivate eachother!!!!!
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    yeah Skinny, thats what HIIT is High intensity Interval Training, so you run for 30 seconds, then fast pace walk for 90 to begin. I was doing it 30 and 30 cause I was just really into it today LOL
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    very cool! HIIT=High intensity interval training? I am doing something similar on the treadmill...
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Great job!!ull get there!! i was a 190 pound girl, and i cudnt even run 1 complete minute, i had horrible knee joint pains for 3 months, took me the initial month to see any change in weight, but you know...u never realise how you get there...i started off with 5 minute runs and 5 minute walks in intervals....now i can do a whole 5K run in one go :)...i still remember the day i could run a complete minute, a complete half hour and a complete 5K!!Do strength training that helped me a lot to build up stamina.

cheers!!