Weight Loss Question

Options
Hi everyone!
Let me start out be saying I fricken LOVE this site. My problem lately is that I have lost 21 lbs since Mid January, which is awesome but I feel a little bit like I could be losing more-maybe I need some advice.
-I work out 6 days a week (burning about 500-600 calories a time cardio and strength training combined)
-My calorie goal is 1600 a day, I eat my 1600 and then go a little into my exercise calories but rarely eat all of them.
-I drink my eight glasses of water
-I don't really count the veggies and fruit, because I find it kinda overwhelms me. I just eat one in every meal.
-The one thing I indulge in is I eat a bag of Smart Pop Popcorn as my nighttime snack. I know I shouldn't be eating this late, but I have a hard time giving that up.
Am I eating enough/too much? Should I be working out more/differently?
Any thoughts on what I can do to kick start my loss into high gear so to speak :wink:

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    this probably isnt going to help ,it sounds to me like u are right on track ..the only thing i can say is the more u drink water the more your system gets flushed ,so drink as much as possible !your doing great!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    you don't log fruits or veggies? Those make up a third of my total calories for the day. You'd be surprised the calories in some fruist and veggies. I'd start there. Once you've started logging a bit you can just go back into your recent stuff and click on it. You dont' have to look each and every one up everytime you log it.
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing really well. 21 pounds since mid january is a good healthy rate that will be easy to maintain. I totally understand your frustration in wishing it would all just fall off over night, but lets be honest, it didn't go on overnight either. It sounds like you food choices are good, a little more water couldn't hurt. keep up the good work. PS....you and I have almost an identical track so far :)
  • GinjaNinja1
    GinjaNinja1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    21 lbs since January, that's great. Each body will loose weight at a different pace. As you know, the smart food popcorn doesn't help any. You can adjust your diary preferences and try and lower the daily percentage of fat you intake in the settings menu. Replace this with protein and you should see a bit more of a weekly loss.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    If you started mid January that puts your weight loss at 1.9lbs a week. So as far as I can tell your doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Definitely start logging your fruits and veggies. They have calories, carbs, and sugars. Then, take a look at your net calories for the day. Are they over or under 1200? Try to get at least 1200 of net calories. I know every day is some times hard (for me I am under today but usually I am between 1200-1500 -- my calorie goal is 1800). Some people's bodies go into starvation mode if you are eating too few calories.

Have you ever done a body cleanse or a colon cleanse? It might be worth it to try something like that. You can get them at health or vitamin stores (Hi Health/GNC/Vitamin World) or even online (Amazon or online pharmacy type sites). Some cleanses are 2 weeks and some are a month long. I have had good success with "Organic Total Body Cleanse" by Renew Life and with "Easy Cleanse" by NOW.

You don't have to adjust your diet or anything. You just take the supplements as directed on the box and drink your 8-10 glasses of water. It would help flush out toxins, water weight, and help eliminate waste. Neither of these I suggested made me have to run to the bathroom or anything. They were very gentle. Just expect to have more pee breaks and to have smoother bowel movements.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • MandyC82
    MandyC82 Posts: 73
    Options
    Thank you everybody I really appreciate the feedback. I tend to overthink these things, and that's where I fail. I will try to drink more water and watch the late night snacks, and incorporate more fruits and veggies in my day. Thanks so much!
  • MandyC82
    MandyC82 Posts: 73
    Options
    Definitely start logging your fruits and veggies. They have calories, carbs, and sugars. Then, take a look at your net calories for the day. Are they over or under 1200? Try to get at least 1200 of net calories. I know every day is some times hard (for me I am under today but usually I am between 1200-1500 -- my calorie goal is 1800). Some people's bodies go into starvation mode if you are eating too few calories.

Have you ever done a body cleanse or a colon cleanse? It might be worth it to try something like that. You can get them at health or vitamin stores (Hi Health/GNC/Vitamin World) or even online (Amazon or online pharmacy type sites). Some cleanses are 2 weeks and some are a month long. I have had good success with "Organic Total Body Cleanse" by Renew Life and with "Easy Cleanse" by NOW.

You don't have to adjust your diet or anything. You just take the supplements as directed on the box and drink your 8-10 glasses of water. It would help flush out toxins, water weight, and help eliminate waste. Neither of these I suggested made me have to run to the bathroom or anything. They were very gentle. Just expect to have more pee breaks and to have smoother bowel movements.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
    '

And I will try this cleanse you spoke of, thank you!
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Definitely log your fruits and veggies! I have lost 21 pounds since January as well.
  • mflecha
    mflecha Posts: 1
    Options
    you cant judge weight loss simply on your weight....you look toner have you factored in that you are gaining muscle as you are losing fat. As you continue to gain muscle it will burn fat on a 3-1 ratio. Just start logging all of your calories and make sure you look at yourself as the muscle starts to show since muscle weights more than fat. ;-)