Anyone else get discouraged when...?

Options
...you go to the doctors, step on the scale, and notice you're 12 pounds heavier than what your scale at home says??
I asked my doctor about it and she said, "don't worry about it, just stick with one scale because every scale is going to be different". So now I'm confused as to if I weigh 159 or 166! And I worked my butt off to get out of the 160's...just to be back there again?
Oh well, I guess I will always win when I use the following theory:
the human head weighs eight pounds & quite frankly, if I was to rid myself of all my body parts (arms, legs, boobs) it'd take even more weight off. Guess I'm just obsessed with how much my stomach weighs...lol

DanieLLe

Replies

• eLLe2008
    eLLe2008 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ...you go to the doctors, step on the scale, and notice you're 12 pounds heavier than what your scale at home says??
    I asked my doctor about it and she said, "don't worry about it, just stick with one scale because every scale is going to be different". So now I'm confused as to if I weigh 159 or 166! And I worked my butt off to get out of the 160's...just to be back there again?
    the human head weighs eight pounds & quite frankly, if I was to rid myself of all my body parts (arms, legs, boobs) it'd take even more weight off. Guess I'm just obsessed with how much my stomach weighs...lol

DanieLLe
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind the clothing you wore, the time of day and the fact that its a different scale will all affect the numbers. DO as the doctor says and dont worry. Or do as I do and don't even look at the doctor's scale.
  • eLLe2008
    eLLe2008 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    lol Thanks! Great advice :) I've been stressing out about this for the past week and a half!

DanieLLe
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

DanieLLe

Well, now of course you weigh 159-- your ding-dong doctor's scale is broken-- obviously. :wink:
  • danielly44
    Options
    my scale at home says i weigh 152 and i went to the doctor today and it said 157! ah! that's the exact amout i thought i lost! so i totally get what you're saying. But...i'm gonna stick to my scale here at home haha.

By the way...i'm new to this! i'm excited to lose weight! i've been chubby for as long as i can remember! I'm so short, and i weigh too much! so hello everyone! I'm Danielle
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Listen to your doc--don't worry about it.

The only reason I pay attention to the doc's scale is to measure it against mine. Here's my "going-to-the-doc" routine. Oh, and I have to go every 3 months for diabetes check-up, too.

Anyway:

--eat as little and drink as little as possible before going
    --pick out the lightest clothes I can find (I've been known to weigh myself in different outfits to find the lightest one :blushing: )
    --weigh wearing my clothes, shoes, etc. that I'll have on at doc's. Note that weight
    --go to doc's, note what I weight there wearing exactly what I had on at home when I weighed
    --go immediately home after doc's. Don't stop to get anything to eat, drink, or to use the restroom. Weigh as soon as I get home still wearing everything I had on at doc's.
    --compare those 2 numbers

That way, I can tell the doc, "well, my scale said this number this morning before I ate/drink anything, and I know it's exactly matching your scale or is weight x-number of pounds higher/lower than your scale" etc, etc.

My doc always notes the weight I give her from my home scale next to the number they enter from their scale.

(FYI, some have said I'm a little anal about some things like this but I try not to obsess over little details like that :wink: )
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    my scale at home says i weigh 152 and i went to the doctor today and it said 157! ah! that's the exact amout i thought i lost! so i totally get what you're saying. But...i'm gonna stick to my scale here at home haha.

By the way...i'm new to this! i'm excited to lose weight! i've been chubby for as long as i can remember! I'm so short, and i weigh too much! so hello everyone! I'm Danielle

Welcome, Danielle :flowerforyou: ! You'll love it in here. Good luck in your journey - acknowledging it is the first step, though I also want to point out that our view of ourselves (too short, too chubby, too pear...) is not the same as the other's way of seeing us. It's the inner beauty we all need to work on and the happiness we create inside will come outside and make us prettier. Being overweight is unhealthy, much more than unappealing ;) So, to put it short: GOOD LUCK! :flowerforyou: YOU CAN DO IT!