Body Fat Percentage?

Options
Hi everyone!

so I was wondering what scale to buy for accurate body fat percentage?

I can't go get it done by a trainer do to having class during the free times :(
& you have to pay like 25 bucks if you do it the other times...

So I rather just buy a scale to measure my weight & my body fat percentage!!

Thanks!

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I've found that the scales that measure body fat are not too terribly accurate, but they can show you a good progression of change. Because of that, I wouldn't spend an awful lot of money on one, but make sure that you can input some of your own stats for better accuracy.
  • adriangoddard
    Options
    I prefer to use an online calculator to calculate my body fat %..... this one is my fav -> http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    For any hope of accuracy you need one with four pads - e.g the hand held unit like the Omron BF306; or the combined scales/analysis Tanita BC541. The four pads let the unit work out what the characteristics of your skin are, and eliminate that from the calculation.

An Eight pad unit - such as the Omron BF511 is your best bet though, as it is able to work out where you're carrying fat
  • summerx275
    Options
    we have one of the Omron scales, similar to the BF511. I am not sure if it is accurate initially, but I will say that it is consistent. Over the course of 3+ months, there have not been any wild swings of either increased or decreased body fat. Initially I stayed the same, and have dropped 4% in the last 2 months since I started being more dedicated to the weight loss/exercise plan.