New and needing help

Options
Hi,

I have been saying for 2 years now that I need to try and get healthier, and found MFP in Jan thinking it would be a great support. Problem is I have a few really good weeks and then go back to old habits of being lazy and eating/drinking too much. I love the app but need to try and keep the motivation up for more that a few weeks.

I am hoping that some of you lovely people will help me keep it up for longer this time as my Mum is also loosing weight and I cannot have her sexier than me. Any kind of support will be greatly appreciated.

Kisses to all.
Jo

Replies

• Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I myself am a newbiw to this sight. I think we all go throught the same ups and downs. Its just a matter of being there to support each other when we do slip.

I'll be more than happy to help you keep with it.... as long as you can help me....

Best of Luck!!!
  • twigs187
    twigs187 Posts: 7
    Options
    I used to be in the same boat as you. I'd do well for 2-3 weeks or so..eat well, exercise...and then promptly go back to my old ways. Then a couple of months ago...something just clicked... I told myself I wasn't going to do that anymore..so I started eating right, exercising a few times a week, etc...

As of today I have lost close to 21 lbs. For me, it took having the right mindset and sticking with it (sounds cliche but it's true) to achieve my goals. Will you slip up? Sure, that's normal. But the support of this site (it rocks), your family and friends, and some motivation (seems like your mom is helping you with that) will help you get where you want to go.

Be sure to read up and post any other questions you have. This site is great for knowledge and motivation as well.

Good luck to you.
  • jo_bel
    jo_bel Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks guys. Its nice to know that I am not the only person who keeps falling behind occasionally.
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    Everyone falls behind occasionally! :) You just have to catch yourself and reevaluate why you want this. We're all here for support. :)
  • wilsabeast
    wilsabeast Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My wife and I do cheat meals once every eleven days. This has really helped us stay focused because as soon as we both start feeling the urge it is usually around the eleven day mark. I read on here often about how bad cheat meals are, but I don't by it. My results speak for themselves.

add me if you want.

4787715.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • alliarnett
    Options
    I to have this same problem, I do good for about the first week and slowly but surely, I give in, I am married and have a four year old so it makes it rough having to cook fatty meals that look so yummy to me, I think if we all come together that the motivation will deff help us out alot, I know it will me at least. Good luck and ill try to keep up with you guys for all the motivation i can offer lol