Turned my ankle!

Options
Does anybody know what causes your ankle to turn? Mine has been doing this for a couple of weeks! Bought A brace a couple of days ago! Seems to be doing better! But I just wondered what causes it to turn so easy!
:grumble: :grumble:

Replies

• FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by turn it? Like sprain it?
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Once it's weak it takes ages to heal, I've done mine about 8 times in the past 12 months. It just seems to be vulnerabe. Drs told me nothing I could do. I take ibuprofen, use an ice pack and elevate when I fall on it.
    I now always strap it when I exercise and wear flat shoes and have had winter grips put on the shoes which didn't have them.
    I have tried taking Glucosamin but not sure it helps.
    Hope you feel beftter soon
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My left ankle was prone to sprains and twists until I started doing basic physio for it. There are lots of little exercises you can do (careful about doing them when you're not healed though), one of the exercises has become habitual to me and it's easy, just rock up and down to your tippy-toes. You can also stand on a step with your toes on the step and balance up on your toes, and then down again. (make sure you have something to balance on)
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will try these exercises! As soon as it heals!
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by turn it? Like sprain it?
    Yes, Your ankle just rolls over and you go down! You cant keep from falling! And believe me it hurts!!
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yes, Your ankle just rolls over and you go down! You cant keep from falling! And believe me it hurts!!

Oh do I know!! Ive sprained each ankle twice, well one almost three times I guess. I sprained my right ankle mildly on st. pattys day and then the following weekend was my bday and my ankle obviously wasnt healed yet and I wasnt being careful and as you say I turned it again but this time much worse. Obviously because I had just done it the previous week it wasnt too pleasant. My bruising goes up on my leg too. Its a pain in the butt and I cant work out right now because of it. They take FOREVER to heal and then even when they do they are never fully healed. They say a sprain is worse than a break. Really high heels are out of the question almost always. Or my ankles will ache for weeks after.

I feel your pain, I hope you heal quickly!!!
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with a sprain ankle not healing and I ended up breaking my ankle now, it's much better after physical therapy.