exercise calories

Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 948 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I work out at night. Sometimes it gets to be around 10:00pm by the time im done. So do i still eat my exercise calories, that late at night.

Replies

• captbaka
    captbaka Posts: 10
    I honestly wouldn't eat back all of them (though it depends on how much you're burning), but I would definitely have a little something like a protein shake or a low-sugar yogurt post-workout/before bed. I used to date a fitness model who swore by the "tiny bit of protein before bed" rule. It definitely worked for him ;)

I recommend not eating them all back because getting into the habit of late-night eating can get into dangerous territory...
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Plan ahead and eat them before. Aim to be within 100 calories on either side of your calorie goal for the day. You won't lose weight as quickly if you don't eat them.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    If you have a general idea of how many exercise calories you will earn I recommend fitting them in during the day before your workout. Since you workout so late a little snack after is good. But you want to eat the exercise calories to stay strong ;)
  • I have this same problem... my bf and I don't get home until around 9-10 on some nights and eat at 11... It's probably why I keep fluctuating weight but it's the only real meal I get during that entire day.

I think you should try not to eat after 8 the latest... so I heard.
  • Melissaol
    I ate a bowl of multi grain cheerioes.
  • Melissaol
    Should i drink a protein shake after a work out.
This discussion has been closed.