next 5-8lbs a mental battle

keljo05
keljo05 Posts: 173
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
As of this morning I've lost 42lbs. I've lost near this amount before .. several times in my life. I've yet to break thru the high of 47lbs and make it over the hurdle to 50.

I've made huge changes in my lifestyle since last August. I'm eating healthier.. and my portions are much more normal, plus I now exercise regularly several times a week either at the gym or at home and I love all the changes.

With these changes I know I'll get there.... but there is that naggy, silly voice in the back of my head muttering about how I've not yet done it. Currently that voice is chained up in a steel filing cabinet in the back of my conscious brain so I can keep aware of any silly negative things it's trying to say... and then I just add more duct tape to hush it, lol.

I have a great support system with encouragement from here, my coworkers, my friends, my hubby ( finally!)..and myself. I know I'll not only get thru this lifetime block.... but will far surpass it to become the healthy, pretty, fit mom I want to be!

Replies

• tell that little voice to STFU cause you're doing it this time!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Hey! I'm at more or less exactly the same point as you and it IS a bit scary. I'm 145.5 at the moment, but when I get to around 142 - give or take a pound or two - my "off" button is activated and I almost always end up gaining weight and slipping into bad habits - it happened to me 3 times in 2010. This time I'm in a different place entirely - exercising, careful nutrition, so I'm quit confident I won't, but I do still have the little voice going "remember last time....".

SCA-REW you, pessimistic, discouraging voice! That was 2010 and now it's 2011, I CAN DO THIS AND SO CAN YOU!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    I know how you are feeling and it's tough. Remind yourself that it's more than just the weight. Think about how much better you feel now and how much healthier you are now. 42lbs is awesome! It sounds like you are eating better and exercising and that's really what it's all about. Keep at it and don't forget to drink plenty of water and you'll get to 50lbs before you know it. These things take time but really it's healthier to lose weight slowly. Good luck!
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    I know how that feels. I am kind of in that same boat with you. I have lost before and gained it back. This time, I have decided I am going to lost it and keep it off, for good. So far, I have lost 24 pounds, and I weigh in again on Friday. I only have 6 more to go. I wish you the best of luck losing the last few pounds. We both can do this, and keep it off this time. Let me know how you are doing. I am going to friend you.
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    I have had a variety of weights through the last years too... but I finally *get it*: weight training + aerobics + calorie intake + support = success!!! I'm so excited for all of us! We can do this! :bigsmile: Great job!
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    I know exactly how you feel.I am right there at this very moment.I was about 142lbs a week and a half ago and now all of a sudden I'm at 147.8 this morning...I can't seem to break past that 50 loss mark. It's incredibly frustrating,

I feel like I only need to lose 15 more pounds but just can't seem to get over that mental hurdle of the last few pounds....

I should also mention that I'm very lazy and should really be toning up now but I havent been doing the planks and crunches as i should.Maybe that's my problem?

Let us know how you get on
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    You are smarter than those pounds!
  • I feel your pain totally! I am currently 5 pounds away from my lowest that I have maintained. I had maintained that weight for well over a year and I slowly started slipping back into bad habits. I was quite discouraged that I didn't break that mark and not only that but gained a ton of weight. I have worked really hard to get back on track and my habits are good and my fitness level is better than ever but I find that as I get closer to my lowest (which is not my goal weight), I worry about not being able to break that mark again.

The thing that is holding me strong this time around is that I am trying not to focus on the scale as much as I am trying to focus on muscle definition and fitness level. Last time I was very focused on the clothing size and the number on the scale. I am feeling confident and have bought multiple rolls of duct tape to hold off that inner self sabotaging voice. Stay strong, you can do this and achieve your goals. Remember that you can do anything you set your mind to! Good luck! Keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.