I feel fatter after.....

Options
After I work out, (walk, aerobics etc....) I feel like I'm heavier/thicker...is this normal....?

Also at bedtime I feel like I've gained weight....Even though in the mornings I'm "normal" again....Weird! Just wondering if I'm the only one who experiences this?!

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the feeling heavier after working out. I feel that way but thats after lifting.

Everyone is going to feel bloated and heavy before bed. You've drank a few pounds of water that day, and eaten a couple pounds of food. As long as you're back to normal in the a.m. it's nothing to worry about.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Tthe reason you probably feet thicker is because you are. Your muscles swell during and after working out. Once you go to sleep and relax they go back down. This is why they say NEVER measure yourself after a work out.
  • kwaterhouse
    kwaterhouse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I read this...I have been feeling the same way since I started my diet/exercise. I'm glad I'm not the only one. But I would think the other posts are right too, because our muscles are swolen and we dranks tons of water.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    ^^ Very true. Your muscles get a "pump" from excercise. My legs/arms get dramatically bigger after a long workout. I wasn't even thinking about that when I posted my previous answer
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    I'm glad I read this...I have been feeling the same way since I started my diet/exercise. I'm glad I'm not the only one. But I would think the other posts are right too, because our muscles are swolen and we dranks tons of water.

I'm glad I'm not the only one LOL :laugh:
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    I'm also pleased I seen this post - I often come out of my cardio sessions feeling bigger and often have a WHOPPING round tummy on me! Have always wondered what is going on so gonna watch your thread :-D
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time! Especially when I do dance work outs, I notice my stomach gets super big haha... But in the morning I feel so light :)
  • missy204
    missy204 Posts: 30
    Options
    I"ve heard you weigh more at night than you do in the morning... don't know that helps.