Chocolate milk

Options
JPod279
JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
Was going to grab one on the way to work this morning as I had a BIG craving for it. Checked the label and for a pint it was going to be 440 calories. Anyone know of a way to get in a chocolate milk fix and stay reasonable on the calories?

Replies

• heididormanen
    Options
    sugar free hot chocolate mix. Disolve in boiling water first.. just enough to make it disolve like 1/4 cup. Then add to cold skim milk
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    was that a low fat one? I used to drink a cup after working out, and I dont think it was that high.
  • Christina8402
    Christina8402 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    fat free milk and sugar free chocolate syrup. I make mine in the blender bottle and it gets slightly frothy, almost shake like.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I think it was the brand. I just looked at the database and 440 is way to high.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You can buy some powder stuff to make a chocolate milkshake at home. 15g of Nesquick mixed with 200ml s/s milk is 155 cals.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I mix skim milk and Ovaltine, the mix has 20 calories per TB.
  • lelearmstrong
    lelearmstrong Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of Silk light chocolate soy milk! Yum
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    1 pint seems a lot! I like the little 250ml cartons of Alpro soy, at 175 calories. They're the easiest to buy and store.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    chocolate milk is usually packed with sugar.

For whtever brand you were using it must have had a lot of fat and a lot of sugar.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Probably just a sugary brand.
    Kroger has the rockin refuel ones that have a little extra protein and they were only like 300 cals for a pint.

If you're trying to cut, id just do skim milk and add some choc syrup or powder.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Unsweetened chocolate almond milk. It's hard for me to find - I think because it's so popular - but I look for it everytime I'm in the store!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. This was Highland milk, it is a local dairy in Oklahoma. I always try to drink Braum's milk, another local Oklahoma dairy and they do not give their cows bovine growth hormones. Their fat free milk is the best I have ever tasted. They only sell their milk in their stores though and I was at a 7-11. I guess I just was shocked to see the label. It really sucked because I normally do not crave choc milk.
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I drink milk with no sugar added nesquik in it almost every day. It also helps if you have a sugar or chocolate craving without adding very many calories.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Make your own. One cup skim milk + 1 tbsp chocolate syrup is not bad at all. :)
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 cup 2% milk mixed with 2tbsp of nesquik. The nesquik is 30 calories per tbsp.

P.S. I saw nesquik 100 calorie milk cartons at the store the other day.