Help

Options
I am feeling a little disappointed today. After my first week of exercise and watching what I eat (mainly cutting out all the extra sugary snacks and crackers and junk) I had lost 2.5 - 3 pounds. When I weighed in this morning I'd gained one back. So SAD!! How motivating is that? I am getting my butt kicked by Billy with Taebo and trying really hard to eat healthier. What do I do? How come it didn't go down some more?:sad:

Replies

• missinator
    missinator Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am feeling a little disappointed today. After my first week of exercise and watching what I eat (mainly cutting out all the extra sugary snacks and crackers and junk) I had lost 2.5 - 3 pounds. When I weighed in this morning I'd gained one back. So SAD!! How motivating is that? I am getting my butt kicked by Billy with Taebo and trying really hard to eat healthier. What do I do? How come it didn't go down some more?:sad:
  • brunion
    brunion Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    no matter what you do your not likley to lose every week it didn't get put on you over night so don't expect it to come off over night keep at it it will get better just cause your not loseing weight dont mean your body isn't changing for the better just give it time nice and slow good luck:bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options

It happens. To all of us.There are so many variables that could account for a one-pound difference. Don't become too much of a slave to the scale. We have already established that the scale is the :devil: spawn.

Chin up! Carry on, don't give up! This too shall pass.

Cheryl :flowerforyou:
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    I totally know where your coming from. Im into this two ahd a half weeks now, and have lost nothing.... but did my measurements, and am down six inches..... Remember muscle weighs more than fat, so you are probably just building muscle. Thats whats keeping me going...:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    oops, wrong thread :embarassed:
  • aznguysgrl
    Options
    I understand how you feel 100%. Maybe you should measure yourself in the "trouble" spots. thighs, belly, arms. You may see a difference in the measurements rather than the weight. :wink: Don't forget to change up your exercise routine too. your body can become used to a certain routine and is not beneficial anymore. I BELIEVE IN YOU! YOU CAN DO IT!!!:bigsmile:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I gained back 2.2 pounds yesterday if the scale is to be believed. Guess what? I'm not freaking out. I'm just redoubling my efforts today.

Don't worry about fluctuations. This is one of the arguments for weighing every day. When you do, you'll see the minor variations and (hopefully) won't be bothered by them. I use the minor 'up-ticks' as extra motivation to do better tomorrow. Of course, there are people who like to weigh less frequently so that they don't get discouraged by small gains. I think the risk is that you could go a whole month and think you're doing great. You weigh in and haven't lost much. If the initial weight was on an unusually low weight day and the final weight was on an unusual "up" day then I would get very discouraged.

You didn't say anything about your calorie intake other than that you've cut out salty snacks and junk. That's great and you'll be healthier for it but if you're still consuming 3000 cal/day (like I used to) then you can't really expect to lose.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    There are many fluctuations from day to day, especially for women. Find a pair of pants that are tight right now and use that instead of a scale to measure your progress. Like dawn66 said, you may just be trading fat for muscle or you may be at a time where your body is retaining water. Don't get discouraged, just keep focused on being healthy and over the long haul you will be happier!
  • missinator
    missinator Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Okay,
    I feel a little better. Thanks everybody. You all had great ideas and advice. It's late so good luck tomorrow and cross your fingers I'll be able to fit in the workout I missed today.:smile:
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    If it's Tae Bo kicking your butt, you've probably gained muscle! That will help you to lose even more every other time he kicks your butt! He just kicked mine for 35 min. tonight! Hang in there. Keep up the good work!