Hi everyone, new to website

Options
Hey everyone, I'm new to the website and super excited to have found it! I was getting ready to join WW again. Although, I love their website, I feel that this is very similar and can offer just as much. I'm a wife, student, and mother of two in NYC. I'm looking to lose 30lbs. In the past 6months I gained 20lbs :( I was accepted into a very intense medical program and as excited as I was to accomplish that dream, these extra lbs were very unexpected, lol. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you, your stories, weight loss goals, and to participate in the much needed weight loss support :smile:

Replies

• jrhm
    jrhm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, yourself! I have been on this journey since January 1, 2010. I had started to loose weight in November 2009 9 my high was 130 lbs. I didn't have much success (consider Thanksgiving and Christmas) until my daughter got me hooked on MFP! It wasn't a quick journey, but it is very successful. I am within half a pound of my original goal - may go 5 pounds lighter to allow for the occasional treat, but would be happy to shed that 1/2 pound! I am at 110.5 lbs right now and am really happy about that, also about all the clothes in my closet that I can now wear. I also have a box for the ones I have "outshrunk"! :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP.
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi 2burn

I've just joined today too, and am looking to lose 93 lbs, I am a wife, work full time, live in Liverpool and just love your city, spent a fab week there last year, and am determind to return but as a skinny!

I was at weight watchers, but thought this would be more suitable to my lifestyle. Good luck in your weight loss quest, keep posting
  • 2burn
    2burn Posts: 32
    Options
    Congrats on your journey and your success!! Thank you for sharing. I fell off the wagon a while ago and reading the weigh loss stories is very motivating. I can just imagine the great feeling of having a box of "out shrunk" clothes, lol. If you have any tips that have made you successful and can't do with out pls let me know :D
  • 2burn
    2burn Posts: 32
    Options
    -tinytotnot

Life gets crazy for busy moms and this website seems to fit. Good luck on your weight loss goals!! The City awaits the new skinny you :0)