What time is too late to workout?

Options
I work 4 ten hours days M-Th. I get up at 530am and cannot see getting up any earlier. I get off at 530pmish.... There is a Body Combat class at my gym at 730pm for an hour...

Is that too late to work out and get a good nights sleep?? I try to go to bed 930pm - 10pm. Truthfully, I don't sleep well because my husband works night so maybe it will make me tired? I really like taking the classes because I burn more than when I do treadmill/eliptical on my own. I ENJOY having someone tell me what to do :)

Thoughts...:smooched:

Replies

• catherinedaniels
    Options
    I have no idea, but I work out with my husband when he gets home, usually around 9:30, and end up in bed around 11... ive noticed I have been sleeping alot deeper and waking up before my alarm. I alot myself a 20 minute cool down in between.. Whatever works for you I guess, but I am no professional by any means!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it. You'll adjust.

You'll react in one of two ways.
    You're either going to be beat, and sleep like a baby.
    Or your adrenaline will be high and you'll have trouble getting to sleep at first.

I have soccer matches around 7 on sundays, and sometimes the adrenalin makes it hard to fall asleep, but you adapt.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It usually helps me sleep better when I workout late. Just think, it would help you burn more calories in your sleep! LOL
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I work out late. I work full time and have 2 kids. I have to workout after they are in bed. I usually work out around 9:30 also.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    It actually makes me sleep better, I am a nurse and sometimes I don't get to work out till midnight depending on when I get off work. I have been sleeping much better the last two weeks than previously. Good luck to you.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Do it!

We can train ourselves to operate just fine on most any schedule.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hey you have a similar schedule as I do. I get up about 5:45 am and get home around 7/8pm I don't get a chance to work out until 8ish most days. Hit the sack about 10:30 and my husband works nights.

Working out that late wears me out, after I take my shower and get into bed I sleep awesome. Much better than I usually do because I toss when my husbands not there.

I say, whenever you can get a workout in do it!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    You will adjust no matter what, its never too late. Expect a rush of energy shortly after your work out, usually a warm bath helps me. I dont work out until 9, and usually go until 10:30 every night.
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!