The not so bellyjelly story.

Options
SO I stumbled across a friends blog today and I wanted to share with all of you our conversation, and my advice to her situation.
This is good to read if your feeling discouraged about your journey to health, because bellyjelly, my friend has very common issues that she is desperately trying to explain to herself. Asking for help with your problems is good, and seeking advice is even better. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did today... and if any of you have advice for my dear bellyjelly (though she's no bellyjellly, she's quite beautiful) you should go post to her blog!

Here it is folks......

Scared
Posted on 04/05/2011 by bellyjelly06
i swear to g if i step on that scale on Monday and it has gone up or stayed the same i am going to wiiig out >:(
i have been so proud of myself with eating and water intake. and i have been working really hard when i hit the gym. i never feel like i workout enough but does anyone?? i can hear myself telling my head to just "shut up" and keep going when i run and strength train. i have been trying to discover different ways of doing lunges since my knees always hurt so bad after. but i know how great they are for your legs.
i feel like i have been getting a lot of slack lately from my fiance and his co-worker about my diet and working out. if i have one piece of white bread, sip of pop, or change up my workout routine, they have something to say about it. it makes me feel like a *****. and embarassed.
and i guess the BIGGEST thing on my mind has been other girls. my mom always said "remember, there is always someone worse off than you..." so when i go to the gym, i look for her. im not trying to sound shallow. im not sure how to explain it. but lately when i do hang out with girls, i am the fat chick. i guess i am still not used to that. it seems like guys in general treat me differently when there are other girls around. all girls know that a little attention from guys other than your bf or whatever is a great confidence boost. you know you are still found attractive. i feel disgusting lately. its that competition feeling. for so long i was on top and now i feel like i am on the bottom. its not JUST my weight though... there are underlying issues like my job and grades sucking lately.
hopefully i can kick *kitten* tonight at the gym... im off!! :)
p.s. i have been doing good with temptations. the fiance and i are both going through the pop, fast food, and over eating temptations. only difference is that its ok if he gives in because he is already fit. me... not so much :/ i cant afford a binge day right now and all those eyes judging me for a piece of cake
BrookeReneshelle wrote 6 hours ago:
Bellyjelly, First off, you are a very beautiful girl, you have a body size that over 57% of women don't have these days. Secondly, I have been watching you on here and you are doing REALLY good. Your doing everything right as far as eating and getting to the gym. It doesn't matter if you think your not working out long enough, the pure fact that you are there and TRYING, is better than not. When you feel like you need to work harder, just push for another 10 minutes everyday, that can add up to a whole extra hour by the end of the week if you go often enough. You can't change everything all at once and you didn't get over weight over night, or in a week, or in a month... you have to give your body time to adjust to the new lifestyle you are living. I was so mad when the first few weeks I was working out and the scale barely budged, but don't let that get you down! Even if you are the same weight, SO WHAT! You very easily could gaining some muscle weight if you are working out a lot, and muscle weighs more than fat, so that's probably whats happening. The thing about the scale, is it's not so much your number, measure yourself and see if your losing inches. You can't be so hard on yourself honey. If this is how it is now, think how fed up your going to be with yourself in two months, you can't have this mindset. You can get in shape, and it's gonna take time... and HARD WORK. It's taken lots of bad little choices to get unfit and unhealthy, so it's going to take lots of little GOOD choices to get healthy. I hope this helps you, I really think your doing a good job. Remember you have to focus on your end goal (or mini goals), not what the scale says in a week. I know thats hard to do and even when I stepped on the scale its' been at 159 for three weeks now, THREE disappointing weeks in a row I stepped on and it didn't change..... but at the same time ALL my clothes are getting baggy and some things don't even fit me. You can talk to me any time if you need encouragement. As far as your friends and fiancée making you feel bad for fudging a little here and there, you can't let that get you down. If anything it should make want to prove them wrong even more. I read a quote a while back that said "You wouldn't worry so much about what people think about you if you realized how little they do" Your man isn't gonna leave you if eat white bread or drink some dr pepper, he loves you. I hope he is encouraging you because he should be. & if your friends think your fat or a "*****" for messin up, well they probably don't know how hard is and maybe they aren't the best people to surround yourself with. Positive people makes for a positive person. Message me if you want to talk more :) lol HOPE I helped.... a little. Or a lot. ANYTHING? :) Have a great day beautiful! Brooke Renenshelle

Replies

• bellyjelly06
    Options
    at least i know if i weigh myself today i have someone to b*tch too :) lol and i get great feedback!