My days are long! Please help!

Options
I usually wake up @ 7am & eat right away. I don't go to bed until around 2 am usually. So that's almost 20 hours of being awake & eating. I usually stop eating around 11pm-ish if I'm being good... It's hard to not overeat when you're awake for so long. It's 10am here & I'm already at 400 calories! 2 mini meals. Ugh! I find staying around 1200 calories impossible!

Replies

• ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    do you exercise? why are you up for such long periods of time?
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My days are pretty similar. I try to do more foods with fiber and drink a lot of water. Plus I'll work out and be able to eat those calories back. Those are the easiest days to get through.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    It must be working for you because your pics are awesome! Nice work!!!:drinker: :smokin: :glasses:
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've read that not getting enough sleep can cause your body to release stress hormones that make you hungry (like ghrelin). I can't vouch for the accuracy of that, but I do think I am hungrier on days when I have to wake up early, so I tend to believe it.

On days when I know I'll have a long day, I try to eat more protein (cottage cheese, eggs, beans/lentils) and have smaller snack-like meals so I can eat a little more frequently.

But if you're able to get more sleep, I think your body would thank you.