Calorie intake..Does it EVER change?

Options
As I started MFP, I am able to have 1,300 calories a day... but my work out level is now everyday.. I feel like I'm starving most of the day.... I get grum belly.. HELP! Do I ever get to change my calorie intake?

Replies

• tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Are you eating bakc your exercies calories? You should eat at least some of them back. My MFP goal is 1200 cal, but I usually burn anywhere from 400-900cal/day so I can actually eat 1600-2100cal/day :)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Are you planning snacks in your day?
  • JamieWILLBEFIT
    JamieWILLBEFIT Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i would change your setting. if you add more exercise time you're allowed more calories safely :) if you dont and you're always hungry you're more likely to trip up and go on a binge
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You can alter your calories by changing the 'Goals' page.

Go to 'Goals' -> 'Change Goals' and reduce the amount of weightloss you want to achieve to 1lb a week or 1.5lbs a week, that will automatically give you an increased number of calories :wink:
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    Also I've noticed *sometimes* MFP gets confused when you 'check-in' your weight.

Go to the 'My Home' -> Settings ->Update diet/fitness profile

Just leave the settings the same then click save. A few times my amount of calories has changed, even though I didn't change anything on the profile, just re-saved it!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    are you eating back your work out calories? if you are working out every day especially with a low calorie intake like 1300 you should eat at least 2-400 of your calories back depending on your burn. Also depends on your goals and your weight loss. try updating your settings.
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    I try to eat back my calories, I don't always eat them, but sometimes I do and sometimes I even go over. I just feel so hungry! I'm not eating foods with much fat... I eat many veggies and tuna... salads. Maybe I should get back on the peanut butter. I didn't feel so hungry then.
  • LBATL
    LBATL Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I try to eat back my calories, I don't always eat them, but sometimes I do and sometimes I even go over. I just feel so hungry! I'm not eating foods with much fat... I eat many veggies and tuna... salads. Maybe I should get back on the peanut butter. I didn't feel so hungry then.

Definitely try to add in more protein and fiber. Both of these will help you feel fuller longer and lean protein after a good workout helps replenish your muscles. I love greek yogurt after a workout as a quick snack if I don't have time for a meal.
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    OK, thanks for all the input... I'll have to find good protein since I'm not a big meat eater. THANKS!!