database lacks nutritional information on more "upscale" res

Options
While there are numerous listings in the database of McDonalds, Subway, etc. nutritional info. Information on nutritional contents of the more expensive chains such as BLT, Bricktops, Ruth's Chris, Palms, Capital Grille, etc. are missing.

I usually eat out on business trips and vacations and would like to be able to find nutritional info on more upscale restaurants. So even if I don’t eat at such a chain, but a comparable nice restaurant, I can get an idea on what I ate. So please help to expand the database.

Thanks a lot!

Replies

• mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi. A lot of the items you see in there are entered by users. I've had to go to the internet and search items and enter them because I did not find them there.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    it is the users who expand the database. So if i were you i would go to those websites or just gogle it and pull the information for what you ate and update the database :D.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    their websites should hold nutrition guides, and you can always ask for one at the restaurant as well.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    La dee dah.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    At the bottom of the page after you've searched, you'll see a link that says something like, "Can't find what you're looking for? Add a food to the database."

Make sure, once you've entered the info, that you click the box that says "allow other users to use this info" or whatever. =)

I've entered tons of Cooking Light recipes that way. Your biggest struggle may be getting the info from the restaurants in the first place. =/
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    their websites should hold nutrition guides, and you can always ask for one at the restaurant as well.

And then you can enter it into the database yourself!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Most the information is user entered. If there is a restaurant you go to frequently that isn't in the data base, you can enter it. Just research it online and go under the food tab to your foods and create it. When you are creating your food, click the "Yes, let other MyFitnessPal members use this food." box to add your food to the database for everyone to use.
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have entered one so far. But I found it on the internet. I am not even sure it is completely correct...
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just do EVERYONE a favour when you're adding a food to the database for all you use, please PLEASE enter all the nutritional info fields that are provided on where you're copying it.

If you don't want to enter all the fields don't bother sharing it with the rest of us so we can have "as accurate as possible" info when we do use foods. I knew my Denny's breakfast didn't have 80 grams of fiber and no carbs....