HELP! CardioTrainer App vs. Treadmill

Options
So I ran on the treadmill with my Droid set on the CardioTrainer app I have. The app said I ran 4.3 miles in about 41.30 minutes. The treadmill says I ran 3.0 miles in 41.30 minutes. What gives? I always feel like I run a longer distance at the same speed when I run outside as opposed to the treadmill but not sure which to believe here. When I run 4 miles outside, it's in about the same time as the app says but yet the treadmill is telling me I'm running 3 miles??? I"m so confused! Anyone have insight?

Replies

• mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    to be honest, the treadmill would be the most accurate of the two...

the app goes on movement and average stride a person has and sometimes over estimates your stride on top of mistaking other movements for strides...

log this in the back of your mind and the next time you use this app, know its about a mile off :)
  • Duffyj
    Duffyj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had the exact same issue. I was standing still on a treadmill last night and CardioTrainer was counting steps!!!

My experience with CardioTrainer on a treadmill has not been good. I tend to believe the treadmill more than the app. Using CardioTrainer outside is excellent. I have a 3 mile route that I have clocked with a car and a bike and when I when I walk it using CardioTrainer, it is spot on.
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I quit using Cardio Tranier because it record steps when Im at a stand still. I would go with the treadmill
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That's my thing! I have done the same thing with cardio trainer--clocked the route and then run it! I feel like I'm running the same pace as I do outdoors! It's so confusing!
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Oh and I tested that theory---my cardio trainer does NOT count steps if I'm not moving. Hmmmmm
  • Dbist
    Dbist Posts: 5
    Options
    that's why there's a pause button