Vitamin C supplement?

Options
Nonibug
Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
I take a multivitamin everyday, but it only has 60mg of vitamin C in it. I was wondering what is recommended for an adult woman as far as daily vitamin C and if maybe I should be taking more than the 60mg I get in my multivitamin? I have heard that it helps to fight off catching colds, etc so I was thinking maybe for the cold weather I should add more?
~Roni

Replies

• Nonibug
    Options
    I take a multivitamin everyday, but it only has 60mg of vitamin C in it. I was wondering what is recommended for an adult woman as far as daily vitamin C and if maybe I should be taking more than the 60mg I get in my multivitamin? I have heard that it helps to fight off catching colds, etc so I was thinking maybe for the cold weather I should add more?
    ~Roni
  • dark_love923
    Options
    I found this info at http://www.nutritional-supplement-guides.com/daily-vitamin-requirements.html there is more info on other vitamin supplememts if you would like to check those with your multi vitamin. Hope it was wat you were looking for!!

Vitamin C is an important vitamin when it comes to helping your body heal wounds and build new tissues. A lack of Vitamin C can result in scurvy, joint pains, irritability, and shortness of breath, amongst other symptoms.
    Vitamin C - 60mg for the adult male, 60mg for the adult female, 70mg for pregnant women

Jess Larlee
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    haveyougotscurvy.gif

sorry... i couldnt help myself!:laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Thanks for the info Jess!
    And thanks for the smile christelpistol:laugh:
    ~Roni