Guilty as charged

Options
As much as we hate to admit it we all do it.... We all look at our favorite celebrities and envy their bodies and begin comparing ourselves. For me it's Megan Fox and Selena Gomez.

http://www.2snaps.tv/files/images/selena-gomez-bikini-1-01.large.jpg

http://www.hogwild.net/images/Misc/megan.fox-bra.jpg

Which celeb body are you working toward?

Replies

• ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oh come on I can't be the only one...
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    Remember the photos we see of their bodies are not reality. They are made to perfection thaks to the computer. A little off here add some there. I have to remind myself of that as I am wondering why my butt doesn't curve like Kim K's.:)
  • NoMoreThickyMickey
    NoMoreThickyMickey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    lol, no you are not alone... i guess, for me it would be a cross between serena williams and beyonce...

http://www.himho.com/serena-williams-bikini/

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/beyonce.jpg
  • RZO42488
    RZO42488 Posts: 64
    Options
    Remember the photos we see of their bodies is not reality. They are made to perfection thaks to the computer. A little off here add some there. I have to remind myself of that as I am wondering why my butt doesn't curve like Kim K's.:)

Bodies arent airbrushed for curvature...airbrushed to cover up certain areas (mole, freckles, scars, etc....) The face is the only thing in pictures that is totally airbrushed. Keep working hard Coley, its good to aspire to have bodies like those women. Gives you something to strive for.
  • ColeyBear08
    Options
    I agree it's good motivation but I also agree I should be realistic about what body type I have. Still they stick in the back of my mind when I'm about to eat something unhealthy and while I'm exercising.
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    Remember the photos we see of their bodies is not reality. They are made to perfection thaks to the computer. A little off here add some there. I have to remind myself of that as I am wondering why my butt doesn't curve like Kim K's.:)

Bodies arent airbrushed for curvature...airbrushed to cover up certain areas (mole, freckles, scars, etc....) The face is the only thing in pictures that is totally airbrushed. Keep working hard Coley, its good to aspire to have bodies like those women. Gives you something to strive for.

That is not true. I seen an interview with Beyonce and she said they made her waist smaller and boobs bigger.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

this. they change the size of everything.

but theres still nothing wrong with working towards that airbrushed look. it's attainable.
    That is not true. I seen an interview with Beyonce and she said they made her waist smaller and boobs bigger.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am still working to get that Bruce Vilanch body that I always dreamed of!
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Mine is Myleen Klass beach body. I want her red bikini too *sigh*. I think Charlotte Church has a hot body now as well. I like the fact that they were previously quite meaty.

http://www.coolbuddy.com/gallery_pics/imgs/myleene_klass01.jpg

I've done editing, retouching and photography for photoshoots. I can tell you that I'm guilty of changing their body shape as well as a ton of airbrushing for the skin imperfections!! :P
  • ColeyBear08
    Options
    So what how about the rest of you... do you think it's unhealthy to strive to be like these celebrities?
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessarily "unhealthy" to strive to look like a celeb, but you need to remember that, in addition to the airbrushing that goes along with photo shoots, many of them have personal nutritionists, personal chefs, trainers, and the ability to work out for hours a day... It might be somewhat unrealistic to say, "I want so-and-so's body" because you might not be able to have it. I think it's similar to going into a salon and telling the stylist that you want the exact same hair as someone, but they have a different hair type--it just isn't going to happen, KWIM?

Also, I'm only 5'3", big boobs, a booty, and a very short torso. There's NO FREAKING WAY I could look like Megan Fox, who is all torso.

I strive to look like some of the women in the Turbo Fire classes. :happy: I love the muscles and many of their body types are more "like me".
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Gemma Ward before she gained weight... Don't care if she was airbrushed, she was still perfect......
    and of course the lovely in my sig......Brittany Murphy

gemma-ward-20060828-156086.jpg
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it as long as it motivates you. I have a picture of Dara Torres' milk ad that I use sometimes for motivation. I should really put that up on my fridge, LOL! Jen Aniston has a great body and so do many other celebs. How about Tosca Reno, author of the Eat Clean Diet? I look at their bodies and hope to someday like my own just as much.

Happy Wednesday Everyone!! :happy:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I think Selena Gomez is to young to even be my envy. However Megan Fox I totaly agree love that!!!
    As much as we hate to admit it we all do it.... We all look at our favorite celebrities and envy their bodies and begin comparing ourselves. For me it's Megan Fox and Selena Gomez.

http://www.2snaps.tv/files/images/selena-gomez-bikini-1-01.large.jpg

http://www.hogwild.net/images/Misc/megan.fox-bra.jpg

Which celeb body are you working toward?
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sigh... Kim @(#*$% Kardashian.
    God, I HATE that she's so effing hot.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I've seen those too. And magazine covers where people have found the original and compared it to what was on the stands and they have obviously made waists, thighs, and other parts smaller. :explode:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessarily "unhealthy" to strive to look like a celeb, but you need to remember that, in addition to the airbrushing that goes along with photo shoots, many of them have personal nutritionists, personal chefs, trainers, and the ability to work out for hours a day... It might be somewhat unrealistic to say, "I want so-and-so's body" because you might not be able to have it. I think it's similar to going into a salon and telling the stylist that you want the exact same hair as someone, but they have a different hair type--it just isn't going to happen, KWIM?

Also, I'm only 5'3", big boobs, a booty, and a very short torso. There's NO FREAKING WAY I could look like Megan Fox, who is all torso.

I strive to look like some of the women in the Turbo Fire classes. :happy: I love the muscles and many of their body types are more "like me".

Exactly!!!
  • Time2BSkinny
    Options
    Oh I'm guilty of this! I usually put them on the background of my computer for motivation! :)
    Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson back in the day
  • ColeyBear08
    Options
    Oh I'm guilty of this! I usually put them on the background of my computer for motivation! :)
    Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson back in the day

Hahaha they are on my background right now!
  • RZO42488
    RZO42488 Posts: 64
    Options
    Any body image can be distorted from a certain view/lighting...........and not all images are distorted. Dont give excuses jus get results!!!