Bridesmaid Dress

Options
evedavies
evedavies Posts: 23 Member
I am going to be a bridesmaid in August and was dreading having to find a bridesmaid dress. The bride ordered 2 different sizes of the dress she liked for me (UK size 12 and 10) as I was convinced I would be a tight 10 on top and an even tighter 12 on bottom!! How annoying eh!!!

However, she brought them round today, I was brave and tried the 10 on first and it fit straight away with room to spare on top - woo hoo!!

Now my biggest worry is if I am too small on top in August as have 9 pound more to lose, what a nice worry to have :happy:

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That is awesome; congratulations!
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    It's easy to take in a dress -- difficult to impossible to let it out.

GREAT JOB on the weight loss -- so much fun to have a new dress to wear to show off your new figure and a wedding -- where all the men are "pre-qualified."

I hope you dance the night away and have a wonderful time ;0
  • luceeleanor
    luceeleanor Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is amazing! You can always have it taken in at the top nearer the time if it really is too big.
    Well done!
  • evedavies
    Options
    Thanks both - my scale was nasty to me this morning so this has really cheered me up.

Is it definately easy enough to take a dress in?
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    I bet that was such a great feeling. Good for you! :)
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    :D Congrats! It's always nice to see when you fit into the size you hope.
  • ncorkett
    ncorkett Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • evedavies
    Options
    Thanks all - everyone here is so nice and supportive. Didnt want to feel like I was bragging!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! That is such a great feeling. It is a lot easier to take a dress in then to let it out.

You are going to be one sexy bridesmaid!
  • Brenda_Towns
    Options
    Very nice!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I am in a similar situation because I am in my friend's wedding this coming July and I ordered my bridesmaid dress in January but have already lost 8 lbs and several inches since then. I think I ordered a 12. I hope to lose about 10lbs or more by then so I am pretty sure I am going to have to alter the dress but that's fine by me :)
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Yes... MUCH easier (let alone cheaper) to have a dress taken in. Just make an appointment to have it pinned and sewn about a week before the wedding (as long as you can get it booked in advance it should be more than enough time) so you won't have to do it AGAIN if you lose even more... don't think you could shrink enough in a week for it to make a huge diff. I'm sure you'll be gorgeous! (Just try not to be more gorgeous than the bride... lol)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!