New Day

Options
Hello everyone... I am new to this site and I have struggled with my weight for over 7 years. I have have high blood pressure and cholesterol...and that isn't a good mix for anyone...it's even worse that I am African American. I am here to seek motivational help and encouragement... I think a good support system can go a long way in changing my life. Soooo here is to consistancy, and a never give up attitude :drinker: ! God Bless!

Replies

• prez_beck
    Options
    Hello everyone... I am new to this site and I have struggled with my weight for over 7 years. I have have high blood pressure and cholesterol...and that isn't a good mix for anyone...it's even worse that I am African American. I am here to seek motivational help and encouragement... I think a good support system can go a long way in changing my life. Soooo here is to consistancy, and a never give up attitude :drinker: ! God Bless!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site will help you fight the battle of weightloss; not to mention all the support and friends here:flowerforyou: Best wishes!
  • prez_beck
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome clewliss! :smile:
  • ericadbeck
    Options
    Hey! I'm here for you! I know you'll do it this time babe ;-) We're in it together!:flowerforyou:
  • prez_beck
    Options
    Thanks sweety... I know I am not perfect and at times I struggle but I want to spend forever with you...so today is a new day... A day of new beginnings. Thanks for introducing me to this site.

together forever:heart:
  • ericadbeck
    Options
    ..and I want to spend forever with you :heart: You are most welcome
  • curlhair
    Options
    awww you two are so cute. welcome, prez_beck! you'll love it here! :happy:
  • prez_beck
    Options
    Thanks Curlhair! I can see why my wife love's this group so much. :happy:
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    :drinker: To New beginnings! Welcome to the site.
  • prez_beck
    Options
    Thanks gynuwyne! Yes to New Beginnings:drinker: !!!!!
  • ericadbeck
    Options
    I told you there are so many supportive people on this site...and I've only be here for a few days.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    There are so many new people that I may have missed welcoming you, Erica ... so WELCOME to you and your sweet hubby. I wish you lots of success & good health!!

A tip that was most helpful to me when I was starting out was to log everything before you eat it ... it's an eye-opener! I know you're both going to do great!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • prez_beck
    Options
    Wow- thanks tresa1234 for that warm welcome. I will take that tip and use it... log it before I eat it... GREAT!
  • ericadbeck
    Options
    Thanks Tresa! I take that tip as well. I was actually reading someone's post last night and they mentioned doing that. It's very surprising to see things I used to call nothing have soo many calories! Thanks! Happy 10lbs lost to you!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:drinker: :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I told you there are so many supportive people on this site...and I've only be here for a few days.
    Welcome welcome:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • marnieg51
    Options
    Hi and Welcome,
    What a sweet couple:smile:
    You will both do well . This is such a great site,
    Best of Luck to you both.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Becks! There are so many things to do and so many nice people here. We'll keep you busy.

Logging is good for helping you see when you tend to have the most problems, and what types of foods are your go-to comfort foods. It also helps you know what to eat and how much when you are out to dinner or at a party. I found a food scale to be one of my best tools for portion-control. $30 and well worth it!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tresa! I take that tip as well. I was actually reading someone's post last night and they mentioned doing that. It's very surprising to see things I used to call nothing have soo many calories! Thanks! Happy 10lbs lost to you!

Thank you! I know what you mean about the things I used to think didn't amount to much ... wow! No wonder I kept gaining weight!

I know you and your husband will do great! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    There are so many new people that I may have missed welcoming you, Erica ... so WELCOME to you and your sweet hubby. I wish you lots of success & good health!!

A tip that was most helpful to me when I was starting out was to log everything before you eat it ... it's an eye-opener! I know you're both going to do great!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome to both of you. What a great support system you have. You will both do amazing, especially if you are in it together! Most definately log before you eat! It's amazing how many calories are hiding in our food! :ohwell:

Best of luck! -Jen

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting