Sweeteners

Options
Martha_VH
Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
I have tried most of the artificial sweeteners. I have tried Equal, Splenda, Sweet N Lo. So now I have tried the more natural ones, Steevia and Truvia. I just tried Truvia in my coffee and I didn't like it. I think the natural sweeteners taste HORRIBLE! I know they are better for me, but if I don't like it, I'm not going to eat/drink it.

So now the question is, do I go with the Equal/ Splenda? Or should I just use cane sugar and a little bit less? I do buy the pure cane sugar.

Replies

• tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    Use the cane sugar if you must have sugar, it is natural not chemical.
  • ladiluvbug83
    ladiluvbug83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I prefer Splenda and it is what I have used my whole journey. Recently, I have found a cheaper brand by wal-mart that is just as good and has no carbs. Good luck on your choice.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I would try some different brands of stevia if you haven't already. Stevia in the raw has better flavor. If still a no go with honey, agave, or real sugar. All it took for me was finding out what splenda has in it and I will not put that in my Body!
    :drinker: I prefer Splenda and it is what I have used my whole journey. Recently, I have found a cheaper brand by wal-mart that is just as good and has no carbs. Good luck on your choice.
  • willdrea1
    willdrea1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Try Sweet Leaf. It's the stevia leaf but maybe a different brand from the one you tried. I like it but not in large amounts. I get the packets and I usually don't use more than two, most often I use just one. But if I'm cooking a meal, like wheat meat stir fry, I use a few more packs to help with a little sweet flavoring. Post back lmk what you think if you try it.

4669910.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    I have read so much where artificial sweeteners are not recommended because they can cause your body to actually crave more sugar. I drink my tea/coffee black but in my research the advice was that if you have to add something to your coffee it's better to use natural sugar and cut back on the amount, starting with half and then cut back more gradually. I'm wondering have you tried using a touch of flavored almond milk instead of sugar? Almond milk is much lower in calories and sugars and comes in several different flavors.
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I use splenda, actually a brand called Nevelle it has probiotics in it.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have been using liquid Splenda and have never had a problem craving carbs or sugars. You can find it at www.sweetzfree.com if you're interested. Just a small bottle with purified water and straight sucralose, no fillers.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    :drinker: I use organic raw sugar. I make sure I measure it in my coffee so I don't overdo it. It is better for you than any sweetner.
  • willdrea1
    willdrea1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Stevia Leaf isn't artificial. It's plant based and doesn't contain any artificial stuff or bad stuff that you don't want.