Zumba, Zumba, Zumba

Options
dj73
dj73 Posts: 9 Member
Ok so I am hearing a lot about Zumba. It sounds like a blast and I'd love to try it to kick my workouts up a notch. I don't have an Xbox360 and I know there are no classes around my little town so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a great DVD that I can purchase. I live in Canada so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

PS: Does it matter if you're totally uncoordinated, cuz that's me. lol :embarassed:

Thanks in advance,
DJ

Replies

• aam_84
    aam_84 Posts: 46
    Options
    You can go to the zumba site and purchase the dvds.. I think its a total of 60 bucks. I started doing it on and off and you feel silly doing it. I am not very coordinated either when it comes to dance moves.
  • zumba66girl
    zumba66girl Posts: 136
    Options
    Just have fun with it...you are there for exercise and fun so don't put so much on the moves and how you look.....It is a blast and lots of fun exercise!!!! Please enjoy yourself.....:flowerforyou:
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can order from QVC in Canada ?? but I just got an email from QVC about this new product they have......

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.F09400.desc.Zumba-Fitness-Ultimate-Workout-System-with-8-DVDs-and-3-CDs
  • rgustin
    rgustin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can also look on youtube for classes that people have posted. Have fun and enjoy :tongue:
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi

I'm sure you can buy it from the Zumba website.

I go to my local gym for the zumba class once a week. There is a lot of wiggling but it's a good laugh. I don't think its as good as my othe gym classes though (aerobics, combat...)

I guess its more important to have a go and have fun with it and the moves will come once you've practised it a few times.

Have fun
    x
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Zumba is really, really addicting! It is so much fun. You don't even realize your are exercising. Just have fun with it and do your own thing. It's a great workout.
  • pinkchick2006
    pinkchick2006 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can find tutorials on Youtube for free! I LOVE Zumba!! Have started teaching as a sub and no you dont have to be coordinated just keep moving and you will burn calories!
  • dj73
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, lol, this is why I don't join aerobics/dance classes cause my arms and legs and hips can't all work at the same time. I will definetly go to their site and pick them up. This will be a workout to do when my kids and hubby aren't around but I'm lookng forward to trying it.

Cheers,
    DJ
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I think Amazon also has dvd's
    Zumba is really alot of fun & a great workout!!
  • singbelle
    Options
    Costco also has a set of DVDs for $60. It's not "Zumba" brand, but says it's latin dance. Might be similar?

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10331366&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA|631|2845|2925&N=4009824&Mo=11&pos=2&No=4&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&cat=2925&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&ec=BCCA-EC8044-Cat2845&topnav=
  • tracywba
    tracywba Posts: 21
    Options
    I have just ordered the Zumba game for my Wii. My friend goes to a Zumba class every week, and she raves about it. She did say she never really gets the moves down properly but that doesn't matter because you are still moving and you have so much fun you forget you are doing a workout. She also said bye the end of the class she is sweating buckets.

Having checked the reviews for the game, most people said it didn't matter if you weren't doing the moves correctly as you were sill moving. I think the point is that you just need to relax and go with it
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    As I mentioned, go ahead and go to the zumba website...www.zumba.com...put your zip code in and a distance. You'd be surprised at how many classes there are.
  • dj73
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll keep you posted.

DJ