Help with BMR and calories. Thanks!

Options
Ok, so my BMR is 2,619. I'm a 26 year old female, weighing 198.5 pounds and I'm 5'4 tall. So with a 1,000 calorie deficit I would be eatting 1,619 a day to lose 2 pounds a week. Am I right so far? Also, I am moderately active. I have an 8 month old daughter and exercise for half an hour 7 days a week. Do I need to eat back the calories I lose in exercise? Would I be eatting 1,619 PLUS what I burn with my workouts? Thanks so much!

Replies

• shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    bump!
  • allen83
    allen83 Posts: 17
    Options
    Do I need to eat back the calories I lose in exercise? Would I be eatting 1,619 PLUS what I burn with my workouts?

Yes, you should be eating back or try to eat back as much of the calories that you burn. If you eat 1619 calories and burn 300 calories through exercise your deficit for the day ends up being 1,300 not the intended 1,000.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can eat back what you burn in exercise. Using the previous poster's example: If you eat 1,619 and don't workout, you have a deficit of 1000. If you eat 1,619 and burn 300, you have a deficit of 1,300. Therefore, if your goal is to have a deficit of 1,000, you can eat back those 300.
  • DawnHellKat
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate it :)
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you calculated your BMR. If you calculated it with MFP then yes, you should at least eat some of your exercise calories back. If you used another calculator online, most of them have the exercise already accounted for in the BMR number so you shouldn't eat them back. What I've done is check multiple calculators, equations and different sites to see their recommendations so I had a better idea of how much I should be eating per day.