Dropping by to introduce myself

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Cindy, and i'm new here. I have enjoyed reading the motivational post, and the recipes, and I love the success stories! I have already posted a few replies to some topics, and thought I should properly introduce myself.

So I'm a wife and mother of two boys, ages 9 & 10. We are homeschooling right now, and we are loving it! As far as my weight goes, I have been gaining and losing the same 10-15 lbs. for years. I am not very toned, but i'm working on it. My goal is to lose 15 lbs, so far i've lost 3, and I want to tone up and feel energetic! I am a vegetarian, but make mostly vegan meals; I still eat yogurt and eggs occationally. I will eat cheese sometimes, but it is one of my weaknesses, so I try to keep the calories down by cutting out cheese whenever possible. I like to cook, and I rarely eat out. For exercise I often use workout tapes (Jillian Michaels, Element Ballet Conditioning, and some Kundalini Yoga). When the weather is nice, I like to go walking. I think that's it. I am looking forward to this journey!

Replies

• ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck:flowerforyou:
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    welcome & good luck!
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. you'll love it here.
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    Hi Welcome! How do you like the Julian Michaels tapes and such? I've heard mixed reviews. Does it work for you?

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • gideon300
    Options
    Hello, my name is Gideon and I am in it to win. Last year I lost 60lbs and I gained it all back. I am refocusing to lose the weight again and to make good health a lifestyle for the rest of my life. I have alreay lost 15 lbs in two weeks using this program. Please don't ask me how but I have been eating under 1500 calories a day and exercising intensely. Please, don't do what I do!!! I am glad to be apart of myfitnesspal and looking forward to a long life of healthy living.
  • Cindylulu34
    Cindylulu34 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome! How do you like the Julian Michaels tapes and such? I've heard mixed reviews. Does it work for you?

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Hi there! I have mixed feelings about the Jillian Michaels tapes. I'll start by saying that they work!!! Last year I lost down to 133 (from 146) by snacking less, cutting out dairy, and working out with Jillian. However, I hate doing the workouts! They are intense, and I'm a weakling. I had to make myself do them each day! I am doing them about once a week now and doing the other videos during the week, I will work my way back to Jillian. It's a love/hate relationship :) The ones I have are, "Yoga Meltdown", "Fat Blast Metabolism", and "No More Trouble Zones".
  • Cindylulu34
    Cindylulu34 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone! Thanks for the warm welcomes!