new calorie intake

Options
i was on 1200 cals a day diet to lose 1lb a week since 10 weeks now,unfortunately not working as much as i want it to.so have changed the weight loss goal for a week to .5lb a week ,which gives me 1440 cals a day plus workout cals ,what do u think? will this work? my bmi 26.9...

Replies

• traylork
    traylork Posts: 10
    Options
    Vaavamom, (not sure of your age but i put in 34 (sorry, just put my age)

If you do light exercise 1-3 days/week, your BMR is 1436.42
    - to maintain your weight you roughly can eat 1975 calories,
    - to lose 1 lbs you need to eat 1475 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 500)
    - to lose 1.5 lbs you need to eat 1225 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 750)
    - to lose 2.0 you need to eat 975 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 1000) (which is not recommended at all - startvation mood will set in).

If you do nothing but sit around (Sedentary), your BMR is 1436.42
    - to maintain your weight you roughly can eat 1723 calories,
    - to lose 1 lbs you need to eat 1223 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 500),
    - to lose 1.5 lbs you need to eat 974 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 750) (Starvation Mood, not recommended),
    - to lose 2.0 you need to eat 724 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 1000) (which is not recommended at all - startvation mood will set in).

I hope this helps.

I also used this website for the information, which has helped me....
    http://calculators.hpathy.com/calories-need.asp

Good luck!
  • ashandbensmom
    Options
    I sure hope so because I did the exact same thing! My BMI is 25.7 ! I am so close I can taste it and the darn scale will not move!!!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I just did the same thing at the beginning of this week (same cal goal of 1430 now). I weigh every day (I know, bad), and I have seen the scale drop at least a tiny bit every day. Before, it would fluctuate up and down gaining and losing. I'm hoping this does the trick!
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Vaavamom, (not sure of your age but i put in 34 (sorry, just put my age)

If you do light exercise 1-3 days/week, your BMR is 1436.42
    - to maintain your weight you roughly can eat 1975 calories,
    - to lose 1 lbs you need to eat 1475 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 500)
    - to lose 1.5 lbs you need to eat 1225 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 750)
    - to lose 2.0 you need to eat 975 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 1000) (which is not recommended at all - startvation mood will set in).

If you do nothing but sit around (Sedentary), your BMR is 1436.42
    - to maintain your weight you roughly can eat 1723 calories,
    - to lose 1 lbs you need to eat 1223 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 500),
    - to lose 1.5 lbs you need to eat 974 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 750) (Starvation Mood, not recommended),
    - to lose 2.0 you need to eat 724 calories/day (Calorie Deficient 1000) (which is not recommended at all - startvation mood will set in).

I hope this helps.

I also used this website for the information, which has helped me....
    http://calculators.hpathy.com/calories-need.asp

Good luck!
    u r pretty good with the age ... i am 36 i so want to be 125lbs... will give this a try ...
  • vaavamom1
    Options
    I just did the same thing at the beginning of this week (same cal goal of 1430 now). I weigh every day (I know, bad), and I have seen the scale drop at least a tiny bit every day. Before, it would fluctuate up and down gaining and losing. I'm hoping this does the trick!
    gives me hope..
  • vaavamom1
    Options
    I sure hope so because I did the exact same thing! My BMI is 25.7 ! I am so close I can taste it and the darn scale will not move!!!
    tell me about getting frustrated :explode:
  • AngiMoss
    AngiMoss Posts: 77
    Options
    Right there with you ladies. I've been hovering at 146lbs for the last 5 weeks. I've been somewhat inconsistent though (some days eating all my exercise calories, some days not, some days going over, some days under), so I'm not exactly sure if it's that I've been eating too much, not enough...or what?! I was doing a buttload of cardio, so I've slowed that down & am now doing more strength training. Hopefully, that will help shake things up a bit. I am also going to be as consistent as possible with my calories to better gauge what the problem is.

Starting weight: 151
    Current weight (for 5 weeks): 146
    Goal weight: 135
    Height: 5'7
    Currently eating 1200 calories, plus exercise calories.

Any tips/advice would be great. Good luck everybody!
  • bdewitt92
    Options
    I think its a good thing that you upped your intake and how much you would lose a week because according to my professor here at my college losing any more than .5-2 lbs is actually water weight and will negate your results in the long run.